Wanted Extremely long shot. Peter Read's first training manual.

Sir Neil d'Menture

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I know, they have nearly all been binned.
Back in the early 90's when Boardman/Obree/ Sir Neil D'Menture where strutting their stuff on UK time trials, Peter Read wrote a training manual.
Really it was the first of it's kind and lead to today's data focused training methods.
Only 20 pages or so and it worked on heart rates and interval sessions at different percentages of your max HR. A little white book soon superseded by a bigger red book which started getting too technical for some - including the present writer! Now we have all these power meters, wattages and whatever. Way above my pay grade.

Does anyone have a copy of the original little white book lying around? For obscure reasons I'd like a copy, or if it is so precious that you don't want to part with it photocopies or scans will be enough. Any of you old timers hoarding such obscure material?

I’ve got a full pdf copy of his black book if that’s any good?

Thanks, but no thanks. That's much more advanced and involved than the original white book which was basic in the extreme.
I lost touch with him after the red book so am not sure when the black book appeared.

Couple of clicks is all you need these days - if you scroll down the thread on the time trial forum, you'll find an admin chap - Molteni Mike - he still seem to be active these days, so you may well contact him re the book you are after?

1701689401942.png

Wow. Thank you.
Your clicking is better than mine.
Sad to hear he has died, he was at the forefront of the training revolution.
I'll try the guy you mention and see what develops.
Cheers.

There I was, thinking "I remember a guy called Pete Reid from when I was riding, lived somewhere on the other side of Selby." Followed the above link and turns out I'd just assumed his name was spelt Reid.
Same bloke.

Back