NUKEPROOF - Ti ... Third Ti's a Charm

Ok, so I think I want a beefier fork for this frame so I'm leaning away from the Judy that's currently on it... Here's my other options (and the stem I'm planning on using)

Attachments

• image_12.jpeg
    image_12.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 474
  • image_11.jpeg
    image_11.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 474
  • image_4.jpeg
    image_4.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 474
  • image_3.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 474
  • image_2.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 474
  • image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 474
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 474
don't forget the bike IS suspension corrected, but only for short travel. And why do you think a short head tube means suspension corrected, or for more travel. It just means it has a short head tube. my old DB apex wasn't suspension corrected at all and had a super short head tube, my DB Axis was suspension corrected, but had a head tub twice as long, it is the geometry of the bike that determines the suspension length, not the length of the head tube.

T'boo Ted":2cfi9ayr said:
don't forget the bike IS suspension corrected, but only for short travel. And why do you think a short head tube means suspension corrected, or for more travel. It just means it has a short head tube. my old DB apex wasn't suspension corrected at all and had a super short head tube, my DB Axis was suspension corrected, but had a head tub twice as long, it is the geometry of the bike that determines the suspension length, not the length of the head tube.

True, I agree =)

But at this point I'm just trying to bring up the front end without messing up the geometry too much =)

Ok... so here's a quick mock-up... still may swap the fork but I already had this one and it cleaned up nice :D

I had to borrow the seat and seat post from the blizzard... I was lucky enough to find another Race Face XY 27.0 seat post but it's still in the mail... :)

I have a Nukeproof wheelset as well (Carbon Nukeproof Hubs, gold 230 TIB hoops, purple nipples)... I like the hubs but not the nipples or hoops... and it's a big hassle to swap the hubs and buy new spokes... these are nice silver spech hoops laces to XTR M900 hubs... they go quite nicely for the time being...

Attachments

• _DSC4026.jpg
    _DSC4026.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 387
  • _DSC4025.jpg
    _DSC4025.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 387
  • _DSC4024.jpg
    _DSC4024.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 387
  • _DSC4021.jpg
    _DSC4021.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 387
  • _DSC4023.jpg
    _DSC4023.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 387
  • _DSC4028.jpg
    _DSC4028.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 387
  • _DSC4020.jpg
    _DSC4020.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 387
Looks ggod, man I love these frames. My next fav Ti frame after the xizang. They just look cool.

too bad it isn't a 27.2 post, you could put in a NP one (not saying they are the best these new NP ones, but mine seem easier to set up and adjust than my thompson)

T'boo Ted":1g8jv7i0 said:
Looks ggod, man I love these frames. My next fav Ti frame after the xizang. They just look cool.

too bad it isn't a 27.2 post, you could put in a NP one (not saying they are the best these new NP ones, but mine seem easier to set up and adjust than my thompson)

Thanks! just like most of my rockies it's a blasted 27.0 :(

UPDATE.... ok... made my final decision on the build.... Went back to the M950 group... it just doesn't feel right putting Canti's on this frame (even though it has a rear cable stop...) I have a near NOS Race Face headset from the same generation of the cranks in black so it will go nicely...

I have a brace with no canti hanger coming in the mail too, thanks to stumpjumper1990 =)

Also... the seat is still up in the air... I really like it but it's not everybody's cup of tea =)

Only thing left to do is re-paint the forks... They are close to Ti colour but really more of a gold... I'm going to paint them to match the Ti Kona Handlebar... Not sure how to properly do this? should I really be taking the entire fork apart?? I will be posting a new topic in the char section asking advice so please feel free to give any suggestions? (I have painted MANY frames and forks professionally, just never a suspension fork...)

Made some progress... Here's what's left:

- cut steer tube down
- add front mech (in the mail)
- possibly swap seat... not sure
- possibly replace wheelset with one that has M950 hubs... these will do for now...

Attachments

• _DSC4220.jpg
    _DSC4220.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 294
  • _DSC4218.jpg
    _DSC4218.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 293
  • _DSC4217.jpg
    _DSC4217.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 293
  • _DSC4216.jpg
    _DSC4216.jpg