NUKEPROOF - Ti ... Third Ti's a Charm

Pulpoh":2y02nlxg said:
shutter":2y02nlxg said:
17" ??? How do you figure? Center to top is 19.5".

Sorry, I want to write 18" but according to the nukeproof sizes, is a medium 18.5" (16.5" center to center).

Ok, that's odd, most companies measure center to top, where did you get this info? Is there a website or link to a catalog?

Thanks!

shutter":2kss7cy6 said:
Pulpoh":2kss7cy6 said:
shutter":2kss7cy6 said:
17" ??? How do you figure? Center to top is 19.5".

Sorry, I want to write 18" but according to the nukeproof sizes, is a medium 18.5" (16.5" center to center).

Ok, that's odd, most companies measure center to top, where did you get this info? Is there a website or link to a catalog?

Thanks!

From the 1997 catalog:

I like the measure center to top because is the top tube were "my friends" are going to hit if the size is to big for me! :shock: :mrgreen:

Ah, but it's not a Reactor.......a very different beast.

Nice bike....I used to have one and loved it. Whats the serial number?

NP made the ti in 6 sizes, 16" through to 21". Yours looks like 16" c-c which makes it officially an 18".

As to the fork, the Mag 21's are fine or you could try a Judy XC/SL. I ran mine with a Pace RC35 MXCD which worked great. MBA tested one in 1996. This is the article I scanned for Bas' great blog.

http://old-metal.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03 ... -test.html

Scans of most of the catalogues can be seen there too along with loads of other NP stuff.

mr_ship":kuxtaqug said:
Ah, but it's not a Reactor.......a very different beast.

Nice bike....I used to have one and loved it. Whats the serial number?

NP made the ti in 6 sizes, 16" through to 21". Yours looks like 16" c-c which makes it officially an 18".

As to the fork, the Mag 21's are fine or you could try a Judy XC/SL. I ran mine with a Pace RC35 MXCD which worked great. MBA tested one in 1996. This is the article I scanned for Bas' great blog.

http://old-metal.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03 ... -test.html

Scans of most of the catalogues can be seen there too along with loads of other NP stuff.

Thanks! Ok that makes more logical sense... I want to bring up the front end so something with more travel is better... I have a Judy XC which would work just fine but I have always wanted a pace fork... This would be a good opportunity to use it... I will mount the XC and go from there. Thanks!!!

in 96, many manufactures still sport canti brakes, just look at the 96 Blizzard you got from me. :roll:

also fork travel was still modest on bikes, again see the Blizzard. as already mentioned 60mm, perhaps 80mm tops, but that might be pushing it.

longer steerer and spacers, combined with stem with rise to bring the cockpit up.

Thanks! I knew about the 96 canti hangers but I had thought the frame was suspension corrected due to the short head tube. But I was mistaken on the size as nukeproof seems to not follow the standard center to top system.

I don't want to overdo it so probably like you suggested stick with 60mm of travel and spacers with raised stem, I'll start with a Judy XC and see how it measures up

Thanks Frank!

what's wrong the the mag21 sl ti already on there? if it's in good working order, i'd keep that on it if it was mine.

if not, and it's a 1" steerer, i'd be interested in it for the crown and spares.

The mag 21 steer tube is too short for the frame so in would need to be extended. It sticks out of the head tube by a little over an inch. I might as well use one already long enough (I have three options ill post pics of soon) the mag 21 is a 1-1/8 steer and Its up for trades =)

True... but the paint on this one is pretty bad so I'd want to re-paint it... I'll post some pics of the different options I have shortly

Back