Not Such A Tired Old '91 Zaskar- Job Done! Pics Page 6 & 7

Breathing New Life Into A Tired Old '91 Zaskar-cattleprod love

Very small update as things have taken a bit of a change in direction...... The Manitou's aren't going to happen now as I've had hassle getting the steerer I was promised so a new direction on the fork front is underway and it doesn't involve Pace either so watch this space........ :D

For now I've managed to spend a bit of time sorting out the Syncros Cattleprod stem I'd been putting off doing for ages. A little hint of gold titanium carries on the theme for the rest of the build and chuffed with the end results.... :p

Got to love a bit of cattleprodding of the Syncros variety...... :cool:

Also got hold of a pair of Panaracer skinwall Smoke and Dart folders. Even though they're re-issues, I wanted some 'usable' rubber plus I won't be too gutted if they get shredded from use and saves me shelling out a small fortune on original/period tyres. Managed to find a set of nos Shimano BL-MT63 2 finger brake levers too plus the cockpit area will be finished off with some nos Onza bar ends which I'm waiting delivery on... :D

More to follow soon....... :cool:

Re:

Well the Manitou's have gone but after a bit of pondering and mulling over where to go on the fork front again and as I was still torn between a rigid or suspension fork, I bit the bullet and have gone for these........... :cool:

Mag 21's :cool: :cool:

Think these are going to look pretty awesome on the old Zaskar :D Can't wait for these to arrive now and a shout out to Gio for them and especially Wadsy for giving them a custom tune up and service :cool:

Re: Not Such A Tired Old '91 Zaskar- New fork update.....

This is going to look great, but I have to say, I believe that when it comes to practicality and usability, rigids would probably be better choice. I am sure once you do few rides on it you'll know wether to keep this or exchange them for rigids.

I think we're going to have to get our bikes together when your done ;)

Untitled by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

It's coming along lovely your build.

Cant wait to see it finished.

Hat off to you.

Chris

Dare":20gz4eao said:
This is going to look great, but I have to say, I believe that when it comes to practicality and usability, rigids would probably be better choice. I am sure once you do few rides on it you'll know wether to keep this or exchange them for rigids.

Cheers, I know where your coming from as it's been a hard choice as to whether go rigid or down the boingy fork route....... Though I think visually the sus forks really do it (maybe not for the purists out there) I'll just have to make my mind up after riding it for a while but not stressing over it as it can all be changed again.

Factory Jackson":2iph8o5f said:
I think we're going to have to get our bikes together when your done ;)

Untitled by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

It's coming along lovely your build.

Cant wait to see it finished.

Hat off to you.

Chris

Haha Chris, I think your right.... :cool:

Loving the look of yours :cool: There's something that definitely does it for me on these early frames when shiny and polished with a bit of bike bling on them..... same size too (best looking size in my eyes :D )

Hopefully this will pick up momentum now as the forks should be with me after the weekend and also getting the wheels built..... nothing super flash but a nos set of DX hubs and nos Mavic 717 XC's.... :D

Ade.

Re:

For me that's the perfect fork For a Zaskar. My son has a '91 Zaskar with Judy SLs on, but the Mags look better.

Back