Not Such A Tired Old '91 Zaskar- Job Done! Pics Page 6 & 7

Re: Re:

Lhatch4":vebvjnpe said:
What have you decided for the forks?

Good question.... I've the Pace RC35's that were on it but they need some work plus I've another slightly newer pair but the elastomers are way gone! :facepalm: Also got hold of a pair of Manitou Magnums but waiting on a threaded steerer for it. So I'm undecided at the mo plus toying with a rigid fork option as well.

Re: Breathing New Life Into A Tired Old '91 Zaskar - Pic Heavy

I personally like ridged on these but I understand the need for suspension as well. I've always been a fan of the look on the early manitous.

stew-b":pryli2ed said:
manitou for sure.

I'm pretty much decided on the fork front and going to try the Manitou's.... Just waiting on a threaded steerer for it so should be with me after the weekend.

For now, thought I'd share some pics of the parts that are now starting to accumulate...... Decided to be a little different and being as a lot of builds on here are either on XTR or XT thought I'd like to go down the Deore DX route for a lot of the build especially as it was equipped on my first proper mountain bike :cool:

DX rear mech with retro fitted XT short cage.... :cool:

Re:

NOS u-brake?

Not many of those around!

Nice parts haul and as you different from the norm...

Excellent!
Those NOS parts are going to look great with that nicely polished frame! Keep it up!

Re:

I've had answer manitou comps and rc35's on my same period zaskar- I'll dig out pics if it's helpful.

WWC":3c4elwdq said:
NOS u-brake?

Not many of those around!

Nice parts haul and as you different from the norm...

Cheers, yes NOS u-brake :cool: Took a little bit of searching but it was worth it in the end :D

tIB":3p88izaf said:
I've had answer manitou comps and rc35's on my same period zaskar- I'll dig out pics if it's helpful.

Great, yes that would be a great help cheers... Though going with the manitou's it would be cool to see a couple of similar options and your Zaskar :cool:

Back