Not (Just) Another Clockwork..(1993) Updated 25/07/10 page 3

brocklanders023":2cea3pda said:
It's coming on Owen. ;)

It sure is.. ;)

The artificial light is making the colours look a bit funny so for now that's all you get.. :roll:

Right here we go.. I've just finished building.. so here she is in all her orange and purple glory! :cool: (apologies for the amount of pics)

I'm pretty damn happy with the finished result! :D

After seeing a couple of plain orange Clockworks on here recently I decided to go that way and it meant I could have the frame powder coated for a nice tough finish. As far as I'm aware everything is from the 93/94 period with the exception of the tyres, as I intend to ride this a lot I decided modern ones would be wise (if you haven't ridden these tyres you don't know what you're missing out on! Tomac stills knows a thing or two ;) ). Ok.. so it isn't a stock Orange build but I've never bought a complete bike so I tried to build it with period correct parts and as I think I would have specced it BITD. The Flexstem and Shockpost are there to help my (still very fragile) back. I also tried to spec as many parts as I could from UK manufacturers. Only thing left to change is the crank bolts for some nice purple ano Aluminium jobies on their way from the states. I'm still unsure on the black bar.. part of me likes it as it ties in with the black on the XT parts and the black plastics.. but part of me thinks a silver or purple bar would look better :? what do you lot think?

I've just had the all clear to ride again from my Doc so if the weather holds out (I don't want to get her too muddy just yet ;) ), I'll be taking her for a spin round the woods tomorrow!

Big thanks to anyone that I've bought parts of for this! :cool: Special thanks to Corduroyboy (Giles) for sorting the frame, forks, cranks and rims.. cheers mate! And of course Gil for the cracking job on the decals! If anyone in the midlands is looking for a good powder coater check out Profinish in Nuneaton, great job for a really decent price (40quid)!

Here's the spec..

Frame: Orange Clock Work, 1993 (Serial: A3020509), 17"

Fork: Orange Rigid Steel (original)

Headset: Tange (sealed bearing/Aluminium cups)
Stem: Girvin Flexstem
Handlebar: Renthal/Pace RC130
Grips: Yeti Speed Grips
Barends: X-Lite Alto Pro

Brakes: Dia-Compe 987 Cantilevers
Brake Pads: Dia-Compe
Cantilever cable hangers: Odyssey Straddle Rods
Brake Booster: Odyssey U Plate
Brake Levers: Shimano M-095 XT Integrated

Shifters: Shimano M-095 XT
Front Derailleur: Shimano M-735 XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano M-735 XT
Cassette: Shimano IG60 11-28 7 Speed (with purple ano lockring)
Chain: KMC
Cranks: Middleburn RS2 110 PCD
Crank Bolts: Purple Ano Aluminium (still to arrive)
Chainrings: Pace 46/36/24
Chainring bolts: Kronos Purple Ano
Bottom Bracket: Stronglight 68/122
Pedals: Odyssey Svelte Titanium Axle

Hub Skewers: USE Titanium Spinstix
Rims: FIR MT122 32 Hole
Front Hub: Hope Titanium
Rear Hub: Shimano M-732 XT
Nipples: DT Brass
Spokes: DT Double Butted
Tyres: Kenda Small Block Eight

Saddle: Bontrager (Velo) C30
Seatpost: USE Shockpost
Seatpost Binder: X-Lite

Bottle Cage: Ringle H2O

All bolts either A2 Stainless or Aluminium (purple obviously :roll: ) depending on application

Weight: TBD

Any comments appreciated! Let me know what you think of her, good or bad.. :cool:

The powdercoating looks superb think I will give them a go, bet you can't wait to get out on it tomorrow

I think you've done a cracking job fella , i think silver sub 130's would tie in better with the silver rims and seatpost. Its a beauty though , well done ;)

Cheers guys!! :D

clunker":1whxqnbq said:
The powdercoating looks superb think I will give them a go, bet you can't wait to get out on it tomorrow

Definitely check them out, their website is pretty hard to find but they're in the phonebook or drop me a line for their number.

It will be my first time on a bike in 9 months so what do you think! :twisted: Gotta take it easy though.. hopefully if the sun is out a little pedal through the woods to find a nice country beer garden, pint or two then pedal home! :D

Woody":1whxqnbq said:
i think silver sub 130's would tie in better with the silver rims and seatpost.

Yeah I have to agree there.. I'm keeping my eye out for one but no luck yet.. :roll:

Looks great. :D I have just been out for a blast on your old AMP ended up at the pub for a couple of beers, must be something about the bikes you build. Hope you keep hold of this one. ;) have a good ride.

ocset":vh87tbku said:
ended up at the pub for a couple of beers, must be something about the bikes you build.

:shock: What you trying to say???

Haha I am quite partial to the odd tipple..

If I had a time machine I think I'd go back and not sell the Amp, really enjoyed that bike! Saying that though if I had taken it to Canada I probably would have tried to ride it down some gnarly (Canadian speak for stupidly steep and rocky) trail and snapped it! It's that light it made me nervous on some UK descents! :LOL: It is good to know she found a good home though! ;)

The Orange is a keeper (for a good while at least), just pedalling her around the street earlier I can tell she is going to be perfect to get me riding again while the back is still healing.. :D She feels fast too! :twisted: (just don't tell my Doctor)

Thanks mate! :D I wasn't totally sure about the plain orange, but seeing it all together I think I prefer it, especially with the silvery grey decals matching the silver components! :D

Obviously I've only had a quick blast around the road on it, but I can already tell I'm going to like the ride! You know when something just feels right? ;) I'll let you know how I like it after a proper ride..

*Just looking at the pictures again.. not sure why the saddle is so far forward :? probably me rushing to build her.. must sort that out in the morning! :LOL:

Back