NOS Stock & Retro Parts Gripes

Actually there is a shortage of bike parts.
Have you not read the threads, asked the bike shops or read the news?

That's why old shite parts are expensive at the moment.

As for graphics cards, I know the pain too. But they tend not to wear out like bike parts.

Bizarre times.
I’m “watching” a specific seat post from 1987 in the States that currently is showing itself as discounted by 20% down to £97 + approximately £40 shipping.
if it were for sale here I’d be prepared to pay £50 absolutely top end.
You never know, I might win the lottery, then I’ll pay the man and damn his impudence! 😁

Actually there is a shortage of bike parts.
Have you not read the threads, asked the bike shops or read the news?

That's why old shite parts are expensive at the moment.

As for graphics cards, I know the pain too. But they tend not to wear out like bike parts.

Really?

I know there was an issue a while ago with new bikes.

I was not aware about bike parts? I suppose it depends what you are looking for but I can't see an issue with getting new items.

Bizarre times.
I’m “watching” a specific seat post from 1987 in the States that currently is showing itself as discounted by 20% down to £97 + approximately £40 shipping.
if it were for sale here I’d be prepared to pay £50 absolutely top end.
You never know, I might win the lottery, then I’ll pay the man and damn his impudence! 😁

I know it's a joke.

But I seem to be getting quite a lot of reduction offers coming through from them.

I had one seller that was trying to sell a set of old battered Ringles QR's send me an offer and I still declined.

I don't want to be putting damaged items on my bike for good money.

Really?

I was not aware about bike parts? I suppose it depends what you are looking for but I can't see an issue with getting new items.
Definitely a shortage for the dealers.Can't get an XT 9 speed cassette,6 month wait for 12s chains (can't say that'll affect me!),10 month wait for other basic wearable items.The list is growing of unavailable spares.One or two bikes trickling through.They're all scrambling over leftovers.Wouldn't surprise me if there's a lot of second hand bikes/spares purchased by people wanting something to tide them over.

Really?

Yes, really. It's a world wide shortage that has been heavily published since the end of last year. It's right now the bite is felt; even
before the season really kicks in. About 30% of my Ebay sales are now going to small cafe bike shops and mobile bike repair companies;
all of them completely new Ebay users with zero feedback......so go figure how desperate it is.

While I understand your gripes, in honesty you are complaining about something you don't actually need - nobody needs
Cooks or Ringle, they have always been overpriced so called luxury exotica and always demanded deep pockets for mint condition
compared to more popular down to earth items. Since the more popular down to earth items are in shortage, it's no wonder
you are seeing a weird knock on effect on the "next level up".

Yes, really. It's a world wide shortage that has been heavily published since the end of last year. It's right now the bite is felt; even
before the season really kicks in. About 30% of my Ebay sales are now going to small cafe bike shops and mobile bike repair companies;
all of them completely new Ebay users with zero feedback......so go figure how desperate it is.

While I understand your gripes, in honesty you are complaining about something you don't actually need - nobody needs
Cooks or Ringle, they have always been overpriced so called luxury exotica and always demanded deep pockets for mint condition
compared to more popular down to earth items. Since the more popular down to earth items are in shortage, it's no wonder
you are seeing a weird knock on effect on the "next level up".
I agree and I would have thought that the same would apply to others too.

Which makes me think why would the price of Retro parts be going up in a time when most people are looking for new items for their bike.

I need a new graphics card for my PC, but I'm not prepared to pay £1000 for something that is 10 years old and has seen better days when I can afford to wait and get a new one for a fraction of the cost.

Maybe I have it wrong then and it may actually be a good time to throw in some offers telling them where to keep their kit if they try to palm it off as something that I desperately. :)

Because old stuff still works as well as a lot of the new stuff. You can still easily ride most bikes and tyres, cogs, chains will still work with people older bikes. Many people have started rising again and not everyone wants the new stuff.
I.e bikes are easy to repair and the government even give you £50 incentive.
A 10 year old inner tube still works just as well.
Or they buy an old bike from BiTD they always wanted to get them by while a 12 speed electronic groupset cannot be found ;-)
Remember what you are looking at is a few part for sale in a big world, it only takes a few rich people where a couple of hundred for an old part means nothing to them.

Also
Graphics cards tend not to break very often and if changing tend to just buy a new system as it'll will all have got old and a new Dell or Lenovo or Mac is just easy.

Or if a gamer then the older ones just don't cut the number crunching needed, otherwise a RPi would do the job ;-)

But with 1050Ti still demanding more then their initial few month in new price. I wouldn't bother with any of them.

I don't know which part of the computer systems you're involved in though.

Because old stuff still works as well as a lot of the new stuff. You can still easily ride most bikes and tyres, cogs, chains will still work with people older bikes. Many people have started rising again and not everyone wants the new stuff.
I.e bikes are easy to repair and the government even give you £50 incentive.
A 10 year old inner tube still works just as well.
Or they buy an old bike from BiTD they always wanted to get them by while a 12 speed electronic groupset cannot be found ;-)
Remember what you are looking at is a few part for sale in a big world, it only takes a few rich people where a couple of hundred for an old part means nothing to them.

Also
Graphics cards tend not to break very often and if changing tend to just buy a new system as it'll will all have got old and a new Dell or Lenovo or Mac is just easy.

Or if a gamer then the older ones just don't cut the number crunching needed, otherwise a RPi would do the job ;-)

But with 1050Ti still demanding more then their initial few month in new price. I wouldn't bother with any of them.

I don't know which part of the computer systems you're involved in though.
It would have to be a couple of crazy rich people to put some of the battered old parts on their bikes that are being advertised for crazy sums of money.

But I know what you mean.

Back