NOS Single White Onza Porc Tyre BIN

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was stunned into silence by the German pair that sold for 241 quid.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1-Paar-NOS-Onza- ... 7675.l2557

I have a pair, one almost new, the other a bit used and abused. Am seriously thinking of listing them. I bought them on here, guess I should buy the seller a pint if I turn a profit like that ^.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I am not surprised at the price they went for, even without matching skin walls. These are one of the most sort after vintage mountain bike parts out there. Being a consumable item means they are very very rare in a new unused state. And you can't paint and renovate tyres. And anyway who the hell went out and to buy tyres just to store them!

Once you start building a retro mountain bike especially for show purposes you want it to have the new out the box look and tyres are a big part of the look. Any old retro NOS tyres are rare to get hold of nowadays, but they are the key to finish off the look of an old bike.

These white porcs are going to go up and up in value in the next 10 years as more people want to complete retro builds, as long as the rubber doesnt perish that is !

I put in an early bid on the 2 above, but I missed it finishing, only wanted one to match the one i have.

ti_pin_man":4x73wzw5 said:
I was stunned into silence by the German pair that sold for 241 quid.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1-Paar-NOS-Onza- ... 7675.l2557

I have a pair, one almost new, the other a bit used and abused. Am seriously thinking of listing them. I bought them on here, guess I should buy the seller a pint if I turn a profit like that ^.

Might hold you to that :LOL:

In all honesty... I think it's amazing that some peeps slate the price being asked for a Syncros 29.4 Ti post, I'm not a seller btw and know how much a well used one just recently went for on ebay. Imo it is worth spending good money on a mint low usage example, for personal safety purposes, yet it's ok to ask similar money for a tyre :LOL: The Sync Ti posts were good money bitd and the tyres much less so. Yep, I know about desirability, show bikes yada yada but...

just sayin

A 15 quid tyre that was so rubbish they couldnt give them away a couple of years down the line.
I paid £9.99 each for mine.

As above.
I saved up my paper-round money and got my parents to order one. As soon as it arrived I tried it in my local stream crossing / mud climb, and for the first time ever didn't make it and got wet.

Rampage":1cwr2933 said:
As above.
I saved up my paper-round money and got my parents to order one. As soon as it arrived I tried it in my local stream crossing / mud climb, and for the first time ever didn't make it and got wet.

:LOL: :LOL: Can't beat a Mancunian's honesty !

Never ridden them, despite once owning a pair. The all white Rocket Rons look much prettier on a bike imo.

Re:

Used to run a set of these on a Dawes ranger. Again I think they were cheap remaindered stock. They looked great, but they were probably the original soft rubber tyre, wore extremely quickly and were a bit of a handful on the road. I didn't go back for a second pair.

Back