Onza Porcupine white 26’’ (£601)

If a UK buyer secured them, then they can probably expect a sizeable import tax on top!
I bought something of similar value from that seller a while ago and got hit with £125 import bill 😭

Maybe. Will people still want them in 10, 20, 30 years time?

I think tyres, brake pads and bar grips are the sensible exceptions. As with classic car tyres, even if you find NOS ones the rubber/walls have aged and it then affects the ride/feel and will only get worse with each decade. The £20m+ Classic cars from the 30s-60s have re issues or replica tyres on them in the main.

Period looking reproductions/replicas are sensible for these parts and at least mean it can be used as intended, even if only occasionally. So that’s a museum price, for an only fit for museum piece.

so limited run reissues I think will rise more in value by %. Even the Billy Bonkers have been hard to find in the pandemic and then sell out pretty quick.

I’ve both original smoke & darts, Wildgrippers, Onza Ules and re-issue versions and my pref to leave on/use is the re-issues.

Metal parts on the other hand, sky is the limit 🚀 untill 3D printing becomes more viable.

I’ve started to recommission certain consumables (for £100) as cheaper/better than finding originals and then gives you some parts to keep things going another decade.

It seems Onza bikes & Onza tyres are different companies these days. I assumed they were the same firm BITD, or were they always like this?
Onza was one one company, components, tyres, the lot. From what I remember, when the company failed the U.K. trademark came for renewal and Supercycles got it. They did the same with a number of brands as many failing companies forgot to renew their trademarks in the U.K. market, focusing on the USA (I think they briefly got syncros amongs others).
Supercycles then put the name on all manner of Far East made stuff, mainly trials but also repop porcs (the massive logo ones)

i would assume that the trademark is not global so other countries probably have other owners

If a UK buyer secured them, then they can probably expect a sizeable import tax on top!
I bought something of similar value from that seller a while ago and got hit with £125 import bill 😭

Thats what peeps forget when they start price slamming Import stuff. The import and shipping is a killer on bling. Nobody likes funding someone else's passion taking the import ‘hit’ when they sell stuff on. Ebay is very inflexible these days with their pricing system algorithm making things ‘seemingly’ even more expensive…a right pita !

Back