Newest purchase GT Zaskar, possibly 1991?

Re: Newest purchase GT Zaskar unknown year

Nothing wrong with a Pantera! I have a lovely Pantera Frame. Same year are yours from the looks ;) Still a good build ahead.

I had a Pantera in 1996 then got an LTS DH :)
Unsure if I should stick with the Pace and Magura combo or sell them and find a nice RockShox Mag? I have 3 pairs of Pace RC forks already, no Mags.

Minifreak":2a488e3x said:
Done a bit of digging and found this:

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/info/122/

Looks like it is a Pantera and not a Zaskar, just have to get Pantera decals instead.

Oh no :facepalm:

Please make sure they're the right size and in all the right places
Otherwise we could be onto 20 pages of debate :LOL:

Don't worry I'll try my hardest to get the Pantera decals right.

Plan is to build with the best bits it has and I have kicking about so:

XT mechs, shifters, rear hub, use the Dia Compe rear U brake and Magura front, Pace forks, Pace front hub, the seat post is a nice Kalloy one already, Flite saddle, Syncros stem and bars, got some clear Yeti grips already, DMR V8 pedals in black and Smoke Dart tyres.

Not sure on cranks as the Sugino Fuse 500 chainset is in good order but I'd like an XT set.

Not period or catolgue correct but it should still be great :)

Re:

build for yourself, and not for the satisfaction of others.... sure some my love others less so

unless you hold it up as something its not, who cares if its not period correct :D

looking forward to seeing this come together

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":2o0vng4n said:
build for yourself, and not for the satisfaction of others.... sure some my love others less so

unless you hold it up as something its not, who cares if its not period correct :D

looking forward to seeing this come together

Second that ;)

Re:

It's your bike so do it how you want. Nothing wrong with making it unique and just for you!!
Any purist who wants to moan about it really needs to sort their life priorities out.

On a side note, Peek metal polish works wonders on bare aluminium. Only a few quid from Fleabay ;-)

Thanks guys, cheers for the heads up re the metal polish. I'll get some and give it a go :)

Retro Spud":3n7sxwvx said:
Minifreak":3n7sxwvx said:
Done a bit of digging and found this:

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/info/122/

Looks like it is a Pantera and not a Zaskar, just have to get Pantera decals instead.

Oh no :facepalm:

Please make sure they're the right size and in all the right places
Otherwise we could be onto 20 pages of debate :LOL:

Thats a classic, just spat my tea out laughing!

If you don't fancy mag's, I could do you a nice set of judys ;-)

Back