Newest purchase GT Zaskar, possibly 1991?

Re: Newest purchase GT Zaskar possibly 1991?

This may be on hold owing the frame being sorted but it's not stopped the postman bringing the last few parts.

Got to love boxed NOS parts :)

Cabled up as such as we'll.

Torn with this one, I've lost the impetus to complete this so may sell the majority of parts of this build and use others to help me complete a new purchase and finish another.

When will this madness end ;)

Re:

That was coming along nicely :(

But its clearly stolen, sorry to say but people do not grind off serial numbers and potentially weaken the frame for no reason. Good luck with the hanger solution if you decide to carry on with it

You can get a Zaskar frame for around 100 quid. Just ditch it I say and carry on with a new one :)

tonedeaf101":29xmxw0i said:
You can get a Zaskar frame for around 100 quid. Just ditch it I say and carry on with a new one :)
when youve got a vintage bike that youve put a lot of effort into, you dont wanna give up on it. But realistically this is probably the best option :)

Sean

I'm sure you are frustrated but you've come this far so see it through and get the frame properly fixed. The odds are all your frustrations will disappear after your first ride. You owe it to both yourself and the frame.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to take what I need from this for the new project but also hopefully get the hanger fixed for a future build. As you say I've already put time into it and the rest of the frame is really nice so can't just junk it. I only paid £125 for the whole bike in the first place.

Re:

Just read this thread from the start, what a blow it must have been. My only idea would be to Single Speed it or sell the frame to someone who could use it as a SS.

Back