Newby after advice

hamster":c1kix6vs said:
Well done on the skip rescue. Amazing what people throw out. :facepalm:

63mm-80mm travel is what you need:
The Pace is good for the Brit theme,
Marzocchi Z3 or Z2 works very well and still has good spares availability
Manitou SX works well, reliable, lighter than the Z3; seems unloved and always cheap.
Rockshox SID - but seems to be rather expensive for what you get in my view.
Fox 80mm is the modern alternative
Thanks for your reply the bombers do sound good to me I had a set of quadra21r on my old kona so do hav a soft spot for rockshox

Veret Sadler":1303ufsq said:
Hi every one I recently recoverd my mates orange clockwork from his skip and had it tarted up I'm looking for a set of forks to go on it any recommendations please thanks martin

Watch out your mate doesnt become all clingy when youve done the bike up, wanting it back or so. Be sure he's happy for you to have it, and that at least satisfies any moans later.

Z2 or a Pace is ideal for a Clockwork

dyna-ti":3qhonv9e said:
Veret Sadler":3qhonv9e said:
Hi every one I recently recoverd my mates orange clockwork from his skip and had it tarted up I'm looking for a set of forks to go on it any recommendations please thanks martin

Watch out your mate doesnt become all clingy when youve done the bike up, wanting it back or so. Be sure he's happy for you to have it, and that at least satisfies any moans later.

Z2 or a Pace is ideal for a Clockwork
Ha ha yes I did send him a picture he said he's pleased how it's come up and going to b used so that's good

Hi nice find wish some of my mates threw bikes like that away usually get their crappy appollo,s and Dunlops lol.if your looking for a set of forks I've put up a pair on eBay up.if you type in on eBay pace rc36 pro classics they are on there.ive only just started on retrobike really helpful on here I'm doing an orange x1 up flea market find only paid 50 for it lost most of its original parts.so I bought these forks for it but frame will only take 1 1/4" but the steerer tube on the pace forks are 1/18".cheers rod

Me too out of shape been a few month for since been out lol.decals on forks have rubbed a bit but all work well.hope you don't mind me asking it was just reading your post and a couple people were suggesting pace forks to you

Not at all mate that's fine il take a look at them to be honest I have not realy heard a lot about pace forks always had Rock shox but as long as they do a job that's fine

There good forks always wanted a set but finally get some can't use them on my new build.they still make pace forks and service them as well.ive always had rock shox but you can't beat some of the old 1s still going 20/30 years and perform just as well as new 1s.marzocchi forks are good to look out for as well but a lot of people have em.

Re:

Pace forks are lovely and would suit the clockwork well. Pace sold their fork side of things to DT Swiss in 2006, so they don't make them anymore, but still service them and supply spare parts.

Back