NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL v.2

That's a stunner, the original paint is in mint condition...has it ever been used in anger ?
Are you sure it's 82 as the SB frame number puts it at 79 ?
Looking at it takes me back to watching Superstars on TV...I'm sure they used to run a... freewheel for safety.. just remember seeing the Stars stop pedaling and thinking you can't do that on a track bike.. :?

Re: Re:

torqueless":3iwhievk said:
We've already seen that Raleigh themselves, for whatever reason, seem to have accurately reproduced neither their own transfers nor their placement?

Exactly, i thought this thread was about the bike Raleigh have reproduced and are trying to sell.

mk one":5un4ze3d said:
torqueless":5un4ze3d said:
We've already seen that Raleigh themselves, for whatever reason, seem to have accurately reproduced neither their own transfers nor their placement?

Exactly, i thought this thread was about the bike Raleigh have reproduced and are trying to sell.

And the alternative Team Replica options available to the perspective Ti40 customer..??

IJohnson":1nmzs9z9 said:
pigman":1nmzs9z9 said:
Yes, all fair points and it's a free country and all that, but if nothing new in content is going to be added and it's just a repeat of thread 1, albeit with some new contributors, then I just don't see the point.
If however thread 1 is removed as well as locked, then I think it's worth resurrecting
The fact that the thread was divisive, I see as a positive, cos like you say, it highlights a diversity of views. Apologies if you saw me saying it's divisiveness was reason to lock it

It's all good. ;)

One thing we can be sure of. The locked thread won't be getting any new content unless it's unlocked! :LOL:

My understanding was it was locked because of the off-topic pictures and posts. Keep this one on topic and hopefully we will get new content.

I also think that this bike raises a lot of questions about heritage and nostalgia and the companies that want to trade on them. And not just Raleigh. There are a lot of companies both big and small in that business. As the consumers we should be able to have a say. Whether this thread is the place for that, I don't know. Let's see where it takes us if the mods allow.

I'm trying to stay true to this thread and what was suggested on page one... and some very valid points have been raised that need to be investigated further. If as suggested the new Ti 40 is so bad then I feel that the other options to Ti Team Replica ownership need to be considered so that the uninitiated can make an informed decision about what's available to them whether that's Team Replica frames or bikes for sale or restoration services and products available.

The only Original Team Replica I have seen with different font on the seat tube decals is on some early Europa models... It makes me wonder if these were BBC Superstars limited editions.. :?:

Attachments

• intro.gif
    intro.gif
    6 KB · Views: 212
  • team_raleigh_europa_racing_bike_100_ono_tel_or_text_07943575702_6421403.jpg
    team_raleigh_europa_racing_bike_100_ono_tel_or_text_07943575702_6421403.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 212
  • team_raleigh_europa_racing_bike_100_ono_tel_or_text_07943575702_6421401.jpg
    team_raleigh_europa_racing_bike_100_ono_tel_or_text_07943575702_6421401.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 212
Re:

I don't think I'm being pedantic, if I am going to entrust my valuable SBDU 753 frame to the experts in their chosen field to supply the decals and re finish my frame I am relying on their professional knowledge to get this done correctly, so that my frame looks correct when placed next to an original.
Whatever you think of the down tube 'TI' on SB4059, and OSK's apparent reluctance to comment on it, I think it is pretty clear who has done the heavy lifting of diligent research into this subject, and whose online resource is most likely to prove useful as a reference in achieving the desired result, or avoiding the wrong result?

torqueless":3l9m3f44 said:
I don't think I'm being pedantic, if I am going to entrust my valuable SBDU 753 frame to the experts in their chosen field to supply the decals and re finish my frame I am relying on their professional knowledge to get this done correctly, so that my frame looks correct when placed next to an original.
Whatever you think of the down tube 'TI' on SB4059, and OSK's apparent reluctance to comment on it, I think it is pretty clear who has done the heavy lifting of diligent research into this subject, and whose online resource is most likely to prove useful as a reference in achieving the desired result, or avoiding the wrong result?

Unfortunately there is a major flaw with this website...
https://raleigh-sb4059.com/
The Feature or Flagship bike of this website..SB 4059 the Joop Zoetemelk 1980 Team Replica, the bike around which the whole website was created has incorrect font on the seat tube decals also there's a large gap between the Ti and Raleigh on the down tube decals... it's incorrect when compared to an original Team Replica. This bike SB 4059 has been seen by many to be the ultimate Team Replica and has been used as as a comparison and point of reference. I feel that this is very misleading to anyone considering building, restoring or purchasing the perfect Team Replica. There's no mention of this in the description and specification write up regarding this matter on the website. When the blogger has a huge collection of frames, many of these in original Team paint I don't understand why this has been overlooked.
The website still an excellent resource which I have found useful.

"I think it is pretty clear who has done the heavy lifting of diligent research into this subject, and whose online resource is most likely to prove useful as a reference"

I agree with this.

Back