ti1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 208
  • ti2.jpg
    ti2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 208
There's three decals that are incorrect on the H Lloyd website :

The complete Ti Team seat tube panel with yellow bands

The Raleigh Europa complete set of decals as this includes the seat tube panel

The Ti Team seat tube decals with yellow letters on clear application backing for painted black panels

Re:

If we are being pedantic, I can see that the font on the repro seat tube decals needs a degree more italicising to match the 'originals'.
For example, the 'upright' of the 'R' would appear to be at about twenty degrees from vertical on the repros, and more like thirty degrees on the originals.

Having said that, a look at the picture on p.14 of this thread reveals that the italicisation of the seat tube letters is manifestly less pronounced than that of the down tube letters.. and for that matter, I don't believe that the bike on p.14 has an identical seat tube decal to the one on Joop's(?) bike on this page..

Re: Re:

torqueless":fyuv3gk2 said:
If we are being pedantic, I can see that the font on the repro seat tube decals needs a degree more italicising to match the 'originals'.
For example, the 'upright' of the 'R' would appear to be at about twenty degrees from vertical on the repros, and more like thirty degrees on the originals.

Having said that, a look at the picture on p.14 of this thread reveals that the italicisation of the seat tube letters is manifestly less pronounced than that of the down tube letters.. and for that matter, I don't believe that the bike on p.14 has an identical seat tube decal to the one on Joop's(?) bike on this page..
u

I don't think I'm being pedantic, if I am going to entrust my valuable SBDU 753 frame to the experts in their chosen field to supply the decals and re finish my frame I am relying on their professional knowledge to get this done correctly, so that my frame looks correct when placed next to an original. With quotes from £300-400 its a bitter pill to swallow if it turns out wrong like the vast majority that I have seen on the market, some selling on eBay for over £1500... it's becoming a bit of a joke.
What next....will they get their own class at next year's Eroica.... :facepalm:
So no...I don't think I'm being pedantic...I just want to see an end to this farce and to protect fellow Retro biker's from making this very expensive mistake... isn't that the whole ethos of this brilliant website..?

Re:

I think first you have to assure yourself that there was indeed a consistency about the original transfers.. over what? ten years?.. that there was a definitive font, size, italicisation and placement... and anything else you can think of. If you know exactly what you want, I guess you can ask for it?

We've already seen that Raleigh themselves, for whatever reason, seem to have accurately reproduced neither their own transfers nor their placement?

Re:

Perhaps this photo will help,
It's the same vintage as my previous photo 1982, except it's a track bike.
Was made at exactly the same time as the road bike and is also 753.
SB2821

Attachments

• Raleigh Track bike.jpg
    Raleigh Track bike.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 143
Back