New Path Frame with Fancy lugs HELP!

top of the range frameset only, a real rich boys toy back in the day.
If it's too big for you I know someone with a slightly smaller unrestored zephyr with original paint and headbadge that they might part with.....

Re:

Thanks DrJo but this is gonna suit me just fine! Can't wait it get it off to C&G.

Just been having a look at H Lloyd decals. Would this model of had the script type WF Holdsworth down tube decals?

Also, and I'll put a wanted ad up on the forum, would someone know of a metal holdsworth headbadge? It looks like it should be the one with the prancing horse, without worthy written above it.

I think I'm going to use the wheels shown in the picture, airlite anodised red hubs and fiamme sprint rims. So I could do to use some red in the colours of the bike, possibly line the lugs with red, but I'm unsure of main colour for the frame.

Was there any particularly popular or common paint schemes from this era I should think about?

I assume that the frame tubes are 531 double butted?

Thanks again

Ola lucky owner of a very very nice Holdsworth.
Thought I'd drop by and see how it's going. I'm usually more of an offroadie but feel strangely at home here. Just to clarify, I'm not really a guru on all things Holdsworth, I just inherited my granddad's frame and fork and spent months researching it's vintage, so I know a thing or two now.
The wheels look great with the frame, a hurricane indeed! a very nice ride, but costly to restore.
If you've got a spare set of period wheels I might be interested at the right price, to help with the funds so to speak.
As for paint and decal ideas
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stronglig ... 917135524/
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1950s-Holdswo ... 0805852301 scroll down for this
I know choosing colour and style is a very personal thing, I've spent years thinking about how to do my Zephyr, with those wheels I would be going red frame and fork, white headtube, white decals with diamond or bands on the seattube, silver lug lining and pinstripes and chromed ends, chainstays, seatstays and forks too, as if money were no object.
The only reason I haven't done it yet is that my zephyr is too small.... :cry:
Looking forward to this build, glad to have been able to help.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Hi thanks for the input,

Although I have now confirmed it to be a Holdsworth Whirlwind.

Still need to get over to the chromers to get this started!

Nice last lug set for the 1957 and 1958 Whirlwind model. 1958 was the last year of the Whirlwind.

Back