Help identify triple triangle lugged frame?

bikeworkshop

Retro Guru
Can anyone identify the model here? I thought it was a saracen, but I've forgotten why now🤔 IMG_20240312_150318.jpg
Vertical drops, internal rear derailleur cable routing, rear ubrake, lugs and lugged fork crown...
The biro writing on the label for identification and price has faded since we got it in and is now unreadable🤣

Shogun is what the PO said, now you remind me. He'd had it repainted, then lost the parts!

I'll check for numbers Saturday.
I can't see a shogun triple triangle pictured online with lugged fork and internal routing, quality seems too good for Apollo, but does look mass produced.

Pretty frickin' sweet! I'm not 'green', but I've never seen rear derailleur internal routing like that - not on nuffink, ever! If it were bigger I'd ask if it were for sale

The fork crown is a pretty basic item, but the fork drops are shimano. IMG_20240316_104122.jpg
Rear drops vertical but I can't see any name.
Tubes sound nice. I'll check the diameter, but I think 531 came in wider diameters than race in the late 80s before the standardisation of tig welding.
I wondered if the fork was mass produced, but then the numbering looks distinctly "handmade".
The frame is covered in nice details, but no number i can find, but overall looks too good to be a one-off vanity piece. IMG_20240316_105532.jpg
The rear seatstay bridge looks like it's for a recessed nut, but of course the ubrake makes it principally a mudguard mounting point🤯.

I would not say mass produced, this has been made in a frame builders using custom bits ( or what he had laying around at the time...). That rear mech routing is familiar.

Back