New here: Nishiki Alien Build

Re:

Kool light system - am looking to set something similar up for my almost finished Romax build.

And - are you purposely avoiding the earlier question (what bikes did you end up manufacturing yourself in the past)?

Re: Re:

Snakeman":5ecqnyv1 said:
Hi
Thought I would show you my alien that I've been building for the last year or so, luckily it's original paint and in pretty good condition, I have another alien frame which has been refurbed and was painted black so gonna use this one as a colour match, I think I've done a pretty good job, just need to source a decent stem, let me know what you think

Love it but how wide are your legs?

I love the Alien, hoping to eventually find a nice example (of reasonable cheapness) in my size. Probably a pipe dream though, they're so rare now.

I worked in a (US) shop in the late 80's that sold Nishiki bikes and I remember when we got the Aliens in, they were considered pretty radical by everyone. I took one for a test ride and remember thinking it rode different than anything else we had in the shop.

The ones we had were the type that had an aluminum frame with a bolted on cromoly rear triangle. It wasnt until recently when I got back into riding that I discovered the Ariel, and that Aliens had also been built completely out of aluminum, without the cromo rear triangle.

In any case they remain one of my favorite mtn bike designs.. :)

Latest posts

Back