New build up FAT CITY YO EDDY...

Damn fine build! Were those pedal clip things called 'Power Straps' or something? Seemed like cheating. They didn't let you do the slow-stop-at-the-lights-and-do-a-slow-motion-fall-into-the-road-manoever. Did I mention? Very nice build.

Cheers Scant...

Ya reckon it needs roughing up in da hills now?? :LOL: Just picked up some fresh bearings for the the WHITE rear hub to sort out the shimmy :D Then im going to take it out for the ride of its life ;)

Attachments

• RHINOS AND M231 027.jpg
    RHINOS AND M231 027.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 3,867
Re: Cheers Scant...

slimjoe":nxs48oyw said:
Ya reckon it needs roughing up in da hills now?? :LOL: .........Then im going to take it out for the ride of its life ;)

You had better bring that to the Peak District - we'll all take turn to rough it up for you!

Beautiful build Joe - one of the best Yo's ever!

WHITE hub .....

Rear hub shot...Anyone out there had a WHITE hub losen up on em??Theres quite a bit of play in this baby..Got some new bearings coming...hope it cures it :(

Attachments

• RHINOS AND M231 022.jpg
    RHINOS AND M231 022.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,994
I had WI hubs (before some b'std from uni house nicked em!)
real early 1s didnt have any kinda sleeve over the axle for the bearing to preload against, no support which led to premature bearing play. mike @ barettos bikes plymuff made mine for me BITD :)

Great some info..

Cheers Scant, im sure i can get the little polished bugger to stay tight somehow :shock: ill start with the new bearings..was told by local mechanic you have to release the 3 grub screws holding the axle and while the wheel is installed tighten up the skewer to preload the bearings! :roll: All sounds a bit kack if ya ask me...Ill try it anyways...Failing that ill be asking ya for that blokes number :LOL:

Great FAT slimjoe. Like that color combo. I thinkin... .... if there only were made tires in purple... ... noo it will be to much. :LOL:

therapy

Back