Need some help on identifying this steel Stumpjumper

Re:

I don't think it's a Specialized either.

Here's one for comparison: http://www.bikes.collie-smooth.com/1995StumpJumper.html. Notice the quite distinctive rear dropouts and the collar at the top of the seat tube.

The seat pin clamp with the scalop of the seat tube, cantilever bridge and rack mounts on the stays are very similar to an '89 Marin I had, but the dropouts are wrong.

The trouble is, my Marin was made in Taiwan, and many frames for various brands were produced in the same factoiries, so there were often a lot similarities between them, similar dropbouts and braze ons, etc.

OK, thank you very much.

I couldn't find any similarities myself in the brochures. I think I will scrap this frame as I don't want to spend extra money on a FakeJumper ;-)

Re:

It might be a nice frame, but it might be quite difficult to identify exactly what it is. The best thing to do is ride it and see if you like it. If you like it, don't worry about it.

Re: Re:

xerxes":3r4lmnwb said:
The best thing to do is ride it and see if you like it. If you like it, don't worry about it.
Yeah totally agree, you can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter... :cool:

Not sure its a Specialized either... should have a frame no starting with model year under the bottom bracket if it is...

Back