Mystery and Unidentified Parts

Just to add you don't need to use them, if you do they go on the outside, between the frame and the QR ends.
They are not part of the hub setup itself, but added by Specialized I would guess.

These bar ends look like brodie love handles but I am not sure.
They weigh 111 gram and 113 gram
Total length 150mm
L and R on the inside
No logo's

I have two or three pairs and only one set has logos. If I remember correctly, Paul told me that all the genuine Brodie ones had logos

Anyone have an idea of the make on this frame.
Squared rear triangle with circular main tubes.View attachment 832401View attachment 832400
We used to sell frames like this 95/96?(same squared stays, canti hanger, cable routing, integral hanger) in polished, available inexpensively wholesale. Often used for custom build where the shiny alloy look was wanted, sometimes used by bike shops' own brands, possibly also found in some UK model ranges (British Eagle?)

I would guess this has been anodised more recently.
Frame numbers sometimes have letter clue to manufacturer.
I can't remember the brands now but I'm still thinking.

Hi all,
Am currently restoring a nice '91 Rockhopper and cannot work out where the following parts go (mental note: always take photos!). I think they might be for the Exage canti brakes but trying to work out how they fit on. Cheers!
We've always seen these washers as an aid to limiting liability on the production line, and unnecessary in a correctly assembled bike.
Usually only found below a certain quality, and usually solid axles

The tabs force the fitter to correctly locate the wheel.

My understanding is that in the UK we are not obliged to have secondary front wheel attachment security, unlike the us.

UK race bikes never used to have "lawyers lips" on the fork.

We've always seen these washers as an aid to limiting liability on the production line, and unnecessary in a correctly assembled bike.
Usually only found below a certain quality, and usually solid axles

The tabs force the fitter to correctly locate the wheel.

My understanding is that in the UK we are not obliged to have secondary front wheel attachment security, unlike the us.

UK race bikes never used to have "lawyers lips" on the fork.
It's a CPSC (consumer product safety commission) thing in the US.

Would love the group's assistance on ID-ing these cranks from the poor pics I've pulled from the listing. I know I've seen them but I can't place the brand. They're on a vintage Balance brand MTB but as far as I can tell they were not OEM. Any ideas? 436068161_7407895592659279_9151753764472861605_n.jpg 436006885_809278424593079_35907742682946341_n.jpg

Would love the group's assistance on ID-ing these cranks from the poor pics I've pulled from the listing. I know I've seen them but I can't place the brand. They're on a vintage Balance brand MTB but as far as I can tell they were not OEM. Any ideas?View attachment 840958View attachment 840959

Google image search AC Adventure cranks. I think that is what they might be.

Back