Mystery and Unidentified Parts

That is so interesting mate they can’t have made them for very long ..yours are gloss. Think I can also see evidence of some gloss black on mine just looking back at the photos

Yeah I think mine had been painted over with some gloss paint. Part of the frame had it too! I seem to remember trying to carefully clean away the paint around the decals to get a better look at them. Might have some more photos at home somewhere too.

Yeah I think mine had been painted over with some gloss paint. Part of the frame had it too! I seem to remember trying to carefully clean away the paint around the decals to get a better look at them. Might have some more photos at home somewhere too.
Fingers x mate. I keep thinking I’m seeing Venhill as well on that yellow strip below the Venom

I think it's hard to identify that bar, in particular without any hint about age or brand.

Quite most of the earlier carbon bars had some aluminum pieces for an reinforcement in particular for the clamp of the stem.

The AeroSports Carbon Bar below was already shown in the MBA magazine in 1988
AeroSports Carbon Bar aus MBA 12 1988.jpg

There had been other similar ones, also mass market carbon bars like from Humpert, sold years later.

Anyone any idea how the plastic "plugs" as in the attached files are called or where to buy them? They appear to be used to keep cantilever brakes, spring and bolt together. I find them very useful.

Attachments

• PXL_20240127_123841855.jpg
    PXL_20240127_123841855.jpg
    632.9 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20240127_123458921.jpg
    PXL_20240127_123458921.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 14
Not 100 % but I think they were more known for motorcycle parts?

Attachments

• IMG_2162.jpeg
    IMG_2162.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 14
I bought a set of stubby type Venhill “Venom” bar ends in June 1992 from Crag Rat cycles of Lincoln. They were bare alloy with the same decal. Bit chunky , but well made and light. Looked good on the Fusion 0260 they came with…..at the time.

I bought a set of stubby type Venhill “Venom” bar ends in June 1992 from Crag Rat cycles of Lincoln. They were bare alloy with the same decal. Bit chunky , but well made and light. Looked good on the Fusion 0260 they came with…..at the time.
Hi thanks that is perfect so they are Venhill barends. Guessing they never made many. Like you say they are super well made. Really nice

Latest posts

Back