My Orange c16r Re-Re build... update FOR SALE

Re: #2 Orange c16r built my way

New wheels have landed and clears customs, collection any day now :)

Re: #2 Orange c16r built my way

Another short update, got the new wheels set for the bike, With many thanks to Pete on here for being patient with me :cool:

They are Mavic 217 sup CD ceramic with DT db spokes and XTR m950 front and rear hubs with rear casset to match. (still need a clean)

Have fitted them up with (nearly) NOS continental XC Kevlar 1.5 tyres, I think they suit the slim frame of the bike.

Again sorry for the pictures, im hopeing santa will drop me a nice cannon down the chimney!

Re: #2 Orange c16r retroModShox build

Quick update as I have not really kept up with it due to a hold up with getting the fork steerer threads cut a bit more, but I must say a MASSIVE thanks to Gio off here for lending me his thread cutting tool :p

So here she is, taken outside for the very first time into the lovely sunshine we have been having down south.
Only taken her up and down the road and everything is spot on, gears shift sweet, brakes are sweet, even seat is set right! :LOL:

And it accelerates like a rocket in gear, specially with the 1.5 conti XC's she's wearing.

Here's a couple of pictures in the setting sun, if anyone wants a build sheet I will add one. :cool:

Niall.

Re: My Orange c16r Re-Re build... update 29/07/14

** UPDATE TIME **

It's been a while since I have done any updates on this old girl.

Well after much debate I wheeled her into the work room and closed the door behind.....
It was a hard choice but I made the decision to strip all the M950 and single speed off her, to be used on the Manitou HT build.

The reason for this was A) I felt the M950 was better suited to a newer frame that was going to be used, and B) I had a basically NOS LX groupset sitting in a corner awaiting a frame.

So far there is a couple of things I want to look at and maybe change.

The bars are to wide, but being carbon im not sure I should cut them down?
The seat, im not sure it sits right on the inline wood's post.

So here she is, have a look, see what you think and make any comments you see fit :)

P1000800_zpscf412148.jpg

P1000801_zpsff6dcad0.jpg

P1000802_zpsf1313f71.jpg

P1000803_zps11a4e78a.jpg

P1000804_zpsb69ed106.jpg

P1000805_zps71b80e9f.jpg

P1000807_zpsb5ee3fdd.jpg

P1000806_zps33bd2c30.jpg

P1000808_zpsa8eb125f.jpg

Re: Re:

shinobi":302p393i said:
Thats looks sweet :cool: didnt like the Contis then ?

Cheers Paul

Thanks Paul.

Yea the conti's are great, but I can't help but swap things around :)

Back