Found my Mojo now.. (Build thread)

OK-Kazunori

Devout Dirtbag
I thought I would do a renovation post for this lovely Ibis Mojo I’ve picked up recently. I’ve started assembling the parts for it, but just to warn you all, it’ll have new gen tyres and grips, as with most of my builds, I go for looks and comfort over complete originality.
Groupset, saddle and forks (both pairs) are all available if interested!
IMG_4015.jpeg

Found the spec sheet, and amazed by what it says "We'll use the Amencan goodies made by small guys like us. We will also make every effort to keep Shimano components off this groupset."

Attachments

• Ibis Mojo 1994 specsheet.jpeg
    Ibis Mojo 1994 specsheet.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Ibis Mojo 94 specsheet 2.jpeg
    Ibis Mojo 94 specsheet 2.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 48
I always wanted one of those frames! Got into road bikes instead.
Will probably never get to own one now...
Thanks, I ride road bikes alot more than I do mtb but it was 90s mtb that really got me into cycling and I also own a 2022 Ibis Exie so couldn't resist getting the vintage version

I always wanted one of those frames! Got into road bikes instead.
Will probably never get to own one now...
Who knows? One day it comes up on ebay and you pull the trigger. Ibis vintage sizing and fit are a bit tricky for me though; it feels either tall or short too fast on the size range.

There is nothing wrong w/ this build. I would lower the stem and ride it non stop. It´s easy to upgrade the drivetrain but finding a fork on par w/ the frame is going to be hard.

There is nothing wrong w/ this build. I would lower the stem and ride it non stop. It´s easy to upgrade the drivetrain but finding a fork on par w/ the frame is going to be hard.
Thanks for the comment. I don’t think the XT groupset is right for this bike. Wheels, bars, stem, seatpost all stay but all the blue goes too.

Back