My Old Kona Cinder Cone

turboagogo

Retro Newbie
Hello!

To the disgust of my wife, I have increased my stock of retrobikes with what I think is one of the most iconic and mouth watering of them all, a 21" 1990 Kona Cinder Cone :D . I have been after a paint splatter version for a while. I was offered a 21" 1988 version a while back but the seller got cold feet and I can understand why, these are gorgeous and at last I have finally got one. It's pretty much original with an immaculate frame and full Suntour XCD other than the centre chain ring, but to be honest, the silver middle ring looks pretty good so I'm in no rush to replace it. It even came with the original manuals, with date of sale on it (purchaed 1/12/90) and a 1990 Kona promotional brochure. How lucky am I :cool: . I've stripped all the components, polished them and gradually rebuilt the bike with only inner tubes, Pananracer Smokes and cables as replacement parts. I managed to get some retro Elite bottle cages off the Bay and then flick white and blue paint at them before lacquering them and they match the paint splatter very well. I like a tiny bit of bling so I've added some retro Joe Murray repro stickers to the stem front and bar ends which adds just enough bling. Got these from H Lloyd Cycles in London which I would highly recommend if anyone needs repro bike stickers. Now I've finished it, even the wife who at first reprimanded me for yet another bike, came into the garage (man cave) and said this bike looks amazing. Here it is:

You may see me on it around Sutton Park in Sutton Coldfield, West Mids.

Attachments

• K1.JPG
    K1.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 462
  • K2.JPG
    K2.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 462
  • K3.JPG
    K3.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 461
  • K4.JPG
    K4.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 461
  • K5.JPG
    K5.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 462
Lovely Job, that is one very nice bike you have there. Glad the wife approves, quick sneak some more in ;)

Back