1997 Kona Cinder Cone Disc conversion

It would have been 10 tenths but I’ve got this mental picture of al-onestare whom I’ve never met by the way but in my mental picture he’s the drill sergeant from Full Metal Jacket and he’s pointing at my broken seat and chain stays with his swagger stick shouting
“ private Lostcause is ineffective because private Lostcause didn’t listen”
Shouting some more,
“Private Lostcause when you regain consciousness, get off my obstacle!!!!”

Sorry to disappoint you but that's as far opposite of me as possible. I'm a lover not a fighter 🤣

IMG_4683.jpeg IMG_4684.jpeg Nothing much to add really, I’ve been busy at work or the weathers been all British so no riding. I did get a Hope O2 disc for the front which I think looks a lot better I’d like to bed it in on a hilly ride before I have to strip it again to fit the decals and lacquer it.
I didn’t intend to keep these forks on as I have some Yellow Marzocchi Bombers that are 1997 dated and with yellow decals it would be a homage to how it was originally. However, I like the look of these forks on it, it rides better than I hoped and I didn’t colour match the powder coat so it may as well stay in this form and Im thinking decals in silver ….maybe subtle custom Hope 3 decal in the same font as the caliper at the bottom of the seat tube, maybe 🤔

Last edited:
I love that idea personally and almost went the navy/silver route with my Trek. When I was searching for ideas I stumbled upon this which I think is gorgeous and I think your kona is not far off it :cool:

617739-37670b92e17ae621e14e2cafcecd5b14.jpg

I love that idea personally and almost went the navy/silver route with my Trek. When I was searching for ideas I stumbled upon this which I think is gorgeous and I think your kona is not far off it :cool:

617739-37670b92e17ae621e14e2cafcecd5b14.jpg
I do like that. Very clean, less is more look about it. Any pictures of your Trek on here?

Back