My Merlin Malt123?

Re: Re:

gerryattrick":1tzi3or5 said:
Nice bike. Gil-m did a great job on some decals for mine and has probably still got them on file

Do you have a pic? How much were your decals?

Is it 80mm forks max on this frame?

Re:

Here's a pic of mine. Like you I'm not sure what model Malt it is. The decals from Gil-m cost around £25 I think.

Personally, I think that 100mm suspension would be too much for this frame.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 526
Re: Re:

gerryattrick":1yn87ocx said:
Here's a pic of mine. Like you I'm not sure what model Malt it is. The decals from Gil-m cost around £25 I think.

Personally, I think that 100mm suspension would be too much for this frame.

Nice! Decals look good! Are those pace forks?
Looks about a 20" as well?

Re:

Yes P2's and the triple butted ones. 20" frame too and spot on for me.

Over the weekend the Merlin was transformed into a Kona Kilauea, so back into storage for now.

Hope you are enjoying yours, post some ride pics when you can.

Re:

Whats it like with rigids?

Love kona's had a fire mountain 98 16" from new when I was doing trials still got the frame in the loft.
Come to think of it I remember nailing it down the malvern Hills on that with p2's and that was a bumpy downhill! :)

Not sure what year my frame is but both of yours have a canti hanger mine hasnt but mine has no disc tab either.

If you check the serial number the last two digits denote year. Think mine is 97 yours maybe 98 if no canto hanger.

Not tried it off road rigid but won't be a problem for yourself by the sound of it!

Re:

I'll have a look cheers.

Ha ha that was prob one of the last rides I did back then cause then I swapped the crank for 22t plus bash ring!
Although me and a mate with same set up on his cinder cone would often ride 3 miles to go do some trials. ( took a while :) )

Back