my little marin

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
hey everyone, have been secretly keeping an eye on this forum for a few weeks now whilst looking for inspiration of what to get next and have finally decided to register haha. Im not what you would call a dedicated biker (mainly due to having to give up riding for 7 years due to a health condition) but I'm trying to get back into it now and love my offroading so will be looking for something a bit more heavy duty for when I can really ride again.

well let me start by saying how much I love anything retro/old and bikes are no different. and when I got offered this for a bargain sum I couldnt resist. long story short I had a few projects on the go and was looking for cheap bikes to use for parts. this got offered to me for a meagre £10 note and well at that price I couldnt say no.

after a bit of research I think its a marin bolinas ridge circa 1992 but some of the decals have been removed. but it was way too good to break for parts. had people asking me for the frame if I broke it but fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, yeah it may not be mint but I dont care to be honest.

turns out there was only one thing wrong with it, the back wheel was the wrong one as the old one got damaged so instead of the 7 speed rear wheel it has a 5 speed (Im trying to remedy that issue). other than that brakes are good, gears work and it even has the marin lite quick release seat clamp. safe to say I love it, cantilever brakes and all ;) and for some reason it looks blue in the picture but it is actually purple.

marin_zps86189ae9.jpg

in fact I love it so much that (due to needing a new motorbike) I was forced to sell my 2007 carrera that I'd built up from a wreck but am now looking at replacing it with something a little older now. love the old Konas but they're a little out of my price range :LOL:

keep your eyes peeled - may be another oldie added to my collection soon with any luck.

Back