My Killer V so far...

Elev12k":147mj43n said:
Yes probably ...but there are exeptions. Herbold's colour picking was far from consitent, but it worked for those who like christmas trees :D

I like it, but I think the mech/shifter is a bit in your face. I appreciated the slightly initial more subtle and well chosen compostion too.

Fit some tyres :D

LOL 'tyres' are in my Wanted thread... I'm thinking I'm going to have to give up on retro tyres and buy new :(

I LUUUUURVE the mech and shifters. They are so awesomely cool, I can't believe that there isn't anyone who doesn't like them ;)

OldSchoolGirly":1ci91st2 said:
Yeah, you know how much ringle hubs cost though, right? :D That black one was a bargain so I went for it.

I know what you're saying, sometimes we have to take what we can get in this crazy RetroBike world :LOL:

It's just that some builds with too many colours can end up looking like a Christmas tree, you seem to have the right plan though ;)

Christmas tree colour scheme was the plan!! i.e. random non planned colours but it seems to have just gone mainly red/blue.

Ironically though, my Christmas trees are never multi coloured. I have a different scheme each year, but then I am a little bit OCD about stuff like that ;)

SO nearly finished now.

My cranks didn't arrive in time, or the blue boosters, and I do need some decent tyres and seatpost but other than that I LOVE it.

Here it is as PORC earlier today:

porc.jpg

Close up of wheels, which I am massively pleased with. The photos don't do them justice, can't really see the lace pattern or black/silver spoke combos. :)

frontwheel.jpg

rearwheel.jpg

It's suprisingly difficult to capture in photos... it's a 32 hole rim so couldn't do a true crows foot, so it's a crows foot/radial mix - see attached. (Oh except went for silver instead of black spokes as per diagram!)

Attachments

• crows_foot_f32.gif
    crows_foot_f32.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 680
Back