my Kili (or Lego as it's known) my favourite bike ever

Love your Kill, makes me sad that I sold mine (a 1997 bought NOS as a frame only)

Should go singlespeed....they make alarmingly good fun!

P1010038.jpg

Tis a Surly indeed.

I've had two now and in truth never really got on with them. Shortly after this photo was taken I moved to a WI Eno Eccentric rear hub, much better than a tensioner but a lot more money. Then shortly after that I split the build and sold it all :(

letmetalktomark":32uhc38z said:
Tis a Surly indeed.

I've had two now and in truth never really got on with them. Shortly after this photo was taken I moved to a WI Eno Eccentric rear hub, much better than a tensioner but a lot more money. Then shortly after that I split the build and sold it all :(

All the tensioners I've tried so far have been pants even despite the fact that I (and no doubt you) are reasonably adept at modification. The DMR STS has parts that shear far too easily, Mr Control springs are made of some kind of silver coated chocolate and the Gusset needed mega spacing to work on my Marin. Actually that was probably a chainline issue... I've got round it and it works fairly well. Ah, the simplicity of my winter single speed hack with it's horizontal drop-outs! :cool: WLT try an eccentric hub tho, my mate had an eccentric BB on his Fisher 29er and it worked brilliantly!

Back