1997 Specialized M2 S-Works KAWASAKI Green

ExpertBlay

Gold Trader
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Been keeping this build on the low as haven’t been in a mad rush too complete it but the build starts now.

My 1997 Specialized S-Works M2 in Kawasaki green, Mountain Dew green, team green…whatever you wanna call it! It’s green and it’s awesome. But the main thing about this is the frame is 15.5” centre to top! This is a super rare size for THIS colour way, I got it from a guy in Canada😎

IMG_2114.jpeg

I scored a bargain bundle of parts off eBay from the same seller @jimwise68 bought his 2000 S-Works FSR from and I think these forks are a match. I’m gonna go period correct and just run 3x9 likely XT and probs XTR v brakes. Thomson Seatpost is standard on pretty much all of my builds and I have a few funky but rare ‘worthalottamoolah’ parts to stick on it also.

I like the look of the Schwalbe Billy Bonker tyres with tan wall sidewalls so I’ll probs run them. Also helps I already have a spare set.

Saddle and wheels I want too be special, would a Pantani saddle look stupid? I need a nice set of hubs: DT Swiss Hügi’s in yellow, non v-brake standard CK’s or Ringle. Classic black Mavic X517 rims as they go well with everything.

A Chris ‘Ching’ headset will defo make an appearance. I’m thinking in blue as the key lines of each letter on this frame are blue🤷🏼‍♂️

Any suggestions feel free to comment below.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Them wheels never rubbed! It went like a dream. The frame got an annoying click in it which I could never trace so it eventually went for karma here. DK pedals I miss, they went to the US. Someone here has the forks.

*it is illegal to ride a bike on the road without two efficient braking systems. Both brakes need to operate independently on both the front and rear wheels. This is to ensure that you can brake sufficiently and swiftly, especially in an emergency to prevent injury to yourself or anyone else around you."

giphy (2).gif

Last edited:
Back