my bike paradise: have a look

novekili":11pc8v6d said:
Right this is my favourite trail, near punta Ala, Tuscany, Italy.
It starts from 0 metres and you have a steep climb, which is rewarding because you get here:

Stunning!

That looks fantastic Novokili (is there an alien spaceship in the bottom of that bay?)
I have to say that there seems to be alot missing..Roots rocks ledges drops and steep steeeeeep downs. BC is where I am from and this summer on vacation I rode (and crashed) on some of the scarriest stuff. There were four or five rides that I was shit scarred about before the ride. Remember what that was like? Talking to yourself outloud? Thinking "If I can just fu**in make it outta here alive"
Again fantastic, gorgeous looking ride Novokili but...Roots, rocks ledges drops hucks wood ladders teetertotters......OH Man were all just gunna die! Were gunna die Ripley.........

Don't worry, I'm not a nature weenie who has lost contact with the extreme soul of the sport (even if I lean towards racing rather than freeriding).
The downhill you see is very fast, full of stones and what is worse it's a web of crossing ruts. No roots, though (obviously...no trees) and no drops. Still it's covered in gravel and much steeper than it looks (pics don't give it justice) and I tell you, you don't want to look at the landscape while running down it, even if you are an expert freerider.

Back