My 90s Clockwork and how I got it.

malcmclean":1a9io1uz said:
Pleased to share my Clockwork "story" and some images.

I received a phone call some time in the 90s about the competition I had entered in Debenhams. I thought it was a wind-up as I couldn't remember entering any comp, however, I "apparently" won 2nd prize(first was £1000 worth of Berghaus clothing) which turned out to be a bike. The bike, unbeknown to me was a "Clockwork Orange".

I was over the moon and someone told me it retailed at about £600(which I didn't believe). Since then it has travelled to many countries with me and has covered many, many miles. I lost interest around 2000 and it sat(under cover in a heated garage) for about 10 years. I revisited it and since then it does lots of MTB trails in Scotland and the rest of the UK. It also does many easy miles when out with the family.
The bike is still in "excellent/mint" condition save a few paint chips, has had a few perishable replacements(chains/tyres) but is as original as the day it was "won"
Hope you like the story and images.

If I’d have won first prize I’d have asked for the second lol clothes vs bike bike wins especially one of these lovely bike glad you kept it

Back