My 1994 Marin Bear Valley SE

northy

Dirt Disciple
My first post having browsed the site for a few months.

I would like to introduce myself and show you my bike which I bought brand new in 1995 from my local bike shop. Running full Shimano STX SE set up. I went in with the intention of buying the Bear Valley but fell in love with the SE when i saw one. A further year saving up my paper round money I eventually bought it!

The earliest picture I have found so far

And as she is today 21 years later.

Still getting a lot of use, in fact I have rode to work on it the most of this week.

Over the years its lost the original Marin Kevlar tires and I have begrudgingly had to replace my long time owned Mk1 Michelin Wild gripper Lite's - with the current Wild Grip R's that I fitted at the start of this year.

It has remained fairly original over the years, with the exceptions of tire's, XT front and rear derailleurs, XTR headset and Ritchey SPD's all done when i was still a teenager. I do have the original parts to go back on should i need to.

I am looking at renewing the drive train. I have bought a compatible rear sprocket, jockey wheels and chain but i am having a hard time finding new front cogs. I have the FC-MC31 set up.

I have joined this site to see if anyone can help locate replacements - Ideally new.

Any parts that are genuine Marin Lite I am interested in - i would love a new saddle as mine has taken a few knocks over the years and the leather is a bit damaged on the edges. Please get in touch with me direct.

Thanks guys and I will look forward to your comments
Northy

Latest posts

Back