Muddy (Rusty) Fox

Thanks for that Mr Freak , but as this is going to be used as a Pub bike , I 'm not fussed about proper knobbly (off-road) tyres , does anyone do tan sidewall road tyres suitable for a MTB wheel ?

Either that , or I'll get some tyre paint :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well , I've heard back from the Amazon seller and they claim that there supplier changed without telling them and they will refund me in full.

I'll get them Schwalbe's instead , thanks Ghosty !

Re: FSA BB

Hi,
I noticed this topic and have brought one of the FSA bottom brackets for my muddy fox too. Can I ask though, when you take it out of the box how do you get the left cup of the shell to be able to fit it? Seems simple that it should come in two parts but I cannot get it off!
I'm sure I'm being a bit slow but there you go.
Any help very much appreciated
:)

Re:

Yep, I tried by hand first and that left a few scars so tried with the gentle hammer approach and slowly it came off but it was very tight.
Thanks.

Ok . slowly getting there .
Fixed BB , got new tyres.

Next sticking point is the chain , it's very rusty and stiff.
I did try and break it with a cheap chain breaker tool (doh!) , with the intention of dunking in in oil .
This has resulted in the chain still half linked and a bit twisted .

IDIOT !

If I get a decent tool , will I be able to get away with removing one link ?
Or shall I spring for a new chain , but will this cause problems with the old sprockets ?
And can someone recommend a decent cheap tool please !

Back