Muddy Fox Courier Comp

drcarlos":cmc4c6iw said:
Muddy paw":cmc4c6iw said:
1.75" tyres are what i'd choose for the extra cushioning to help protect the rims and you can get hold panaracer tan wall re issue tyres from what i've heard on the forum although i've got a nearly new pair of 2.1 tan wall Splashbacks off one of the guys on here and i'm well pleased with them ..

Not much clearance on these frames after fitting a 2.1 splashback, well suited to a 1.8 splashback though.

Carl

Damn !! that probably includes the 88 models too :facepalm: so it looks like i'll have to get some more for mine then although i shouldn't be getting it that mucky as that's where my 92 Raliegh will come in but i'll just have to suck and see what i think 1st so thanks for that Carl ;) ..

Ian

Spent a bit more time today on this project. Priority is to get it up and running to get a feel for it. I have given it all a good clean and "service" Things are looking good. Cassette, chain and rear mech all look fine for now. Another seat and seat post now fitted along with SPD pedals. Must really get around to a test ride. Most of it is original and I will continue to replace the things that aren't in due course, but for now I am really happy with it.

Attachments

• WP_20160611_18_05_15_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160611_18_05_15_Pro.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 398
  • WP_20160611_17_14_05_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160611_17_14_05_Pro.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 398
  • WP_20160611_15_47_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160611_15_47_37_Pro.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 398
Sweet! ;) , your little Fox is looking a real treat mate as all your hard work has paid off big time :) and that paint finish is looking amazing mate and gets a big thumbs up from me :cool: although i'm not a fan of clipless pedals the spud's still suit the bike and are period correct if i remember rightly but overall your not a million miles off with the parts and i'd just love to go for a quick spin on this beautiful machine ;) ..

Muddy is now looking a lot different. New saddle and retro style tyres fitted. Everything cleaned and checked. Had first little venture out today. All is good. Really enjoying it.

Hi jay so how does it feel being out on this little beauty as she looks right at home being out in the country and those tyres make a big difference to the overall look of your little Muddy ;) ..

Ian

Muddy paw":15lhj8fd said:
Hi jay so how does it feel being out on this little beauty as she looks right at home being out in the country and those tyres make a big difference to the overall look of your little Muddy ;) ..

Ian

It's a real good trip back in time. 27 years old and still great to ride. Very pleased with the result at the moment. All working just fine. Tyres are great. They are somewhat similar to the ones I used to race with.

AyJay":2pl65j8o said:
Muddy paw":2pl65j8o said:

Ian

It's a real good trip back in time. 27 years old and still great to ride. Very pleased with the result at the moment. All working just fine. Tyres are great. They are somewhat similar to the ones I used to race with.

I'm real happy for you mate and what tyres are they as i'll be in the market for a set fairly soon for my Fox and although i can't ride mine yet i must admit the riding position feels really similar to my 88 Explorer i had bitd so i'm well happy and itching to go for a ride .

It's great to think after all that time a late 80's bike can still cut it out on the trails so i'm really eager to find out how good my 88 is ;) ..

Re: Re:

AyJay":17dbe317 said:
Will post the link for the tyres tonight. They are nothing fancy but they work fine for me.

As long as their good enough for trail use and road then i'm happy as i won't need them for racing or serious mud plugging mate and thank you for the quick reply ;) .

Ian ..

Re: Re:

Muddy paw":1gcevw0q said:
AyJay":1gcevw0q said:
Will post the link for the tyres tonight. They are nothing fancy but they work fine for me.

As long as their good enough for trail use and road then i'm happy as i won't need them for racing or serious mud plugging mate and thank you for the quick reply ;) .

Ian ..

That's exactly what I use them for. Dare I say cheep and cheerful. They do all I want them too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401130588641? ... EBIDX%3AIT

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back