Muddy Fox Courier 1988

maverick

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Having been a member for a long time and had a fair few bikes through the household, I've been forced to take a bit of a back step and watch rather than be involved over the last few years.

I'm back. Well, only just.

Sometimes you see a bargain for sale and we all know we don't need it, but want overrides need.

I saw this lurking on fleabay for a while with a bit of a high price tag for its condition, miles away and collection only. I made contact, made a very cheeky offer and got it. I then got a mate to collect it for me; he even called me when he picked it up asking if I knew what I had bought as he deemed it fit for the river only.

I've had it a couple of months and today I managed to give it a clean and decide what I need to do.

The only thing I can see immediately is the rear derailleur is not as original, so that needs replacing, a fair few of the spokes are rusty and I will need to clean them up or replace them. The paint work is a bit bashed up in places, but relatively ok considering its age. The decals on the top tube need replacing, they tyres fitted are crap and it needs some pedals. I'll remove the stem and re-paint it as it’s lost a lot of paint.

All in all, for the money, a bit of a bargain.

It'll be a slow burn and I’ll be getting rid of some stuff that I’ve built soon to fund this one.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• MF 1988 Courier image 01.jpg
    MF 1988 Courier image 01.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 389
  • MF 1988 Courier image 02.jpg
    MF 1988 Courier image 02.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 390
Re:

321 hes back in the room....!!!

And a muddy fox in your size is a bloody good start...!

Latest posts

Back