Mr.T's Gazelle

Re:

Thank you for all the information Felix, super helpful!

Just out of curiosity I gently removed the fork and took a peek inside the head tube:

Attachments

• B-HT.jpg
    B-HT.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 436
Re: Re:

felixdelrio":1vws56wg said:
Depending on the framenumber this is (was) a Gazelle. Decals "Boulder Bicycles Inc." point to 1992. What is that seat tube diameter modulation for? Your head tube is interesting as well. Is that enamel?

Your information (and the trace of red paint in my ht) confirms, repaint probably in 1992.

Seat tube appears to be sleeved all the way down to the top tube. My literature states that frames after 00200 changed over to the larger diameter.

Not sure about my head tube badge. It doesn't appear to be enameled. Do you know if these were case aluminum or maybe silver?

Found another very similar Gazelle, with the Team Fade, sleeved seat tube, and other similar features.

Attachments

• Fade1.jpg
    Fade1.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 423
Re:

Spent a few minutes over the weekend looking over the rear suspension.

There is a fair bit of play in the lower linkage and given the overall state of neglect I assume the routine maintenance of the lower pivot was long overdue.

With rubber mallet in one hand, Red Hook (ale) in the other I proceeded to disassemble the rear swingarm.

Pivot shaft fought me a little but it gave in eventually. The shaft rotates on bronze (I think) pressed in bushings and is held in place by bolts torqued to 7lbs on both sides of the swingarm. The shaft seems to be in decent shape and fits tightly in the swingarm, but I think the bushings in the main frame have worn to the point that they will need to be replaced.

Attachments

• BBB-1.jpg
    BBB-1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 406
  • Section.jpg
    Section.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 406
  • Man1-.jpg
    Man1-.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 406
Re:

Beautiful bike Felix. Could your badge be tarnished silver?

I will be bringing my frame in this week for repair and discuss a repaint.

Not sure about colors right now.

Re: Mr.T's Defiant

How about red white and blue or on a more serious note how how about green , yellow and orange or you could just do it black with lime green lol ..

Re:

Dropped the frame off at my local bike builder. He is planning on removing the old seat tube, then brazing/welding in a new using Columbus Genius tube. Down side is i'll need to sort out a new seatpost...oh well.

Not not sure about colors right now, but i'm really taken with this 4 color fade.

Attachments

• Def.jpg
    Def.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 321
  • Def2.jpg
    Def2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 321
Re: Mr.T's Defiant

I'd be feeling a little anxious waiting for my bike to be fixed but that's just me and i'm really liking those colours but i'd have the purple replaced with the pale blue and vice a versa well actually i think i'm starting to prefer the darker blue with the purple tbh mate ..

Back