Mountain Mayhem 2014 sign up thread

I've a nice little 10 mile route that I've started doing on a fairly regular basis after work (working 12 hr days is energy sapping ) with the added bonus that there's a pub half way round which means I'm getting double training for mayhem ,lol

Just asked my sons school could I take him out of school for one day and because he's never had a day absent they've give me the ok and I won't get fined ,so hopefully I'll get down to mayhem a lot earlier than I thought

nobby the sheep":3ich5y07 said:
Just asked my sons school could I take him out of school for one day and because he's never had a day absent they've give me the ok and I won't get fined ,so hopefully I'll get down to mayhem a lot earlier than I thought

Because you can split the driving? :LOL:

He's nearly 9 ( birthdays the day after mayhem) and he can already operate my dads 3 ton digger and drive my quad in work ,I've shown him how to drive my discovery but luckily he can't reach the pedals yet

Re:

I know most of us have been to Mayhem before, on 'another forum' there is a request for a 'first timer' list of things to take, I figured it out for myself last year, but JIC it's useful, here's one I pinched:

Bike(s)
Tyres
Tubes
Wheels
Spares
Tool box
Track pump

Emergency spares for on the bike
Chain link
Tube
CO2
Multitool
Torch
Brake pads

Lights
Batteries
Charger
(Bar pad for skinny bar)

Tent
Sleeping bag
Sleep mat
Pillow
Torch
Spare batteries
Chair
Wash kit
Towel(s)
Bin bags
Mallet

Bike clothes (all of them)
Shoes
Socks
Shorts
Under shorts
Tops
Jacket/waterproof
Helmet
Gloves
Glasses
Chamois cream

Plenty of regular clothes for all weather eventualities, quick to pull on after lap (it's often cold at night at mayhem) inc:
Warm jacket
Waterproof jacket
Hats: woolly, waterproof & sunhat
Umbrella !!
Sun cream!
Boots / wellies

Food ... lots
Energy gels
Energy drinks / mix
Drinks bottles
Fresh water
Tea, coffee, ale