Mountain Mayhem 2014 sign up thread

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
7428523122_a3a2c85f09_c.jpg

As in previous years, I thought it might be a good idea to set up a thread for anyone who is seriously considering riding this year.

Mountain Mayhem has been a mainstay of the Retrobike calendar since 2008 when a handful of Retrobike forum members met up at Eastnor Deer park to take on the challenge riding old bikes for 24 hours.
Some members, like Rekiborter are old and wise enough to have taken part in every Mountain Mayhem since the very first event at Trentham Gardens in 1997.
Since then Retrobike has fielded up to 60 riders and dozens more hangers on at each event for the for the past couple of years.

The dates are the weekend of the 20th, 21st and 22nd of June.The 'race' starts at 12 noon on the Saturday and finishes 24 hours later at 12 noon on the Sunday.
Many people will aim to arrive on the Friday, which is the 20th of June this time.

The Retrobike area has historically comprised a covered social area, casks of real ale, a bangin' sound system, Jean Michelle Jarre-esque light and laser show, a smoke machine and the infamous RB Hecklermaphone.
This year the organisers have promised the return to track-side camping/heckling opportunities too.

More details will of course follow once we've sorted out all the team entries.

The usual team options apply so you will need to choose between a 10 person team, 5 person mixed gender team (at least one male or female on each team), 4 man team, 4 women team or riding solo.
There is also a singlespeed category.

The entries open at midnight first thing on the 28th of February, with either a pilgrimage to event organiser Pat Adam's house or online entries opening later at 3.30pm.

The Retrobike Area Event Coordinators (AECs) will be coordinating team entries again this year, and I'm happy to oversee things.
Last year at the new venue of Gatcombe Park, we had over 50 riders representing Retrobike and I'm sure we'll be able to have a great Retrobike contingent once again in 2014.

So post up here if you are thinking of riding. Please include your preferred team category and the area group/people you think you belong to or would like to ride with.

For example:

Drystonepaul - North West Area - 4 man or Solo

----------------------------------------

Please let everyone know if you are looking for a team by posting on this thread.

I'm in!........west mids........4 or 10 man.......preferably 4 as I seem to get really drunk with more than 3 hours between rides!.......

I'm game - West Midlands, prefer the "Weekend party interrupted by having to ride a bike" option - AKA 10 man team.

I may be going but it does clash slightly with our 25th wedding anniversary. I am sure the mrs won't mind me spending it away from home with a bunch of drunk RB'ers. I will work my magic on her and see what happens - she needs to get her priorities sorted.

Some members, like Rekiborter are old and wise enough to have taken part in every Mountain Mayhem since the very first event at Trentham Gardens in 1997

I not sure how to take that? old and mad?

I'm in this year
Gruff.........Anglian.........10 man beer swilling team :D

Well its a week after the twins 1st birthday, so i should be able to make it.

Retroyetirigid.....S/W......4 or 10 man (don't want to be captain though).

Back