Mountain Cycle San Andreas

ZEDHEAD1100

Retro Newbie
Hi and first let me say I'm not a push/mountain bike rider :roll: but I do ride ones with engines ;) next due to the passing of my brother I now have the sad duty of clearing his stuff out :( , most of it has gone to the electric car boot that's eBay, but after chatting to Charlie The Bikemonger he said I would be better coming on here and getting feedback on this bike.

I will be collecting the bike Saturday so can give more info I know it has a rollhoff in the back wheel and due to the fact my brother never binned anything the box and all the book/bumph is still with it!!!
The bike will be sold whole or in parts! just thought you guy/gals would know what your looking at instead of some knob on eBay
Thanks for any and all info
Regards
Roy

Just let me say due to a smack a few years a go now, push bikes are a big no no now! so that's why it's been sold, I have a hard time walking?? let a lone riding a bike

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, your brother had good taste in bikes imo.

If you would like to discuss selling as a whole please do contact me.

Niall.

These have seen a few for sale recently...one here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=286274

most seem to ask for about 5-6 hundred but seem not to get buyers. The addition of rohloff..which is never a cheap thing is unusual for a downhiller like the san

further up this part of the forum is a ..how much is my xyz worth..might be worth putting a post in there

also look on ebays completed sales and in our own members sales parts to see if they have sold and what for..you might also get some more info from some of the san nuts we have in here...the last one that sold on the bay was a tatty one and went for £285 was generally poorly looked after and certianly without rohloff

sorry to hear about your brother chap

sylus":3t6gvnbf said:
the last one that sold on the bay was a tatty one and went for £285 was generally poorly looked after and certianly without rohloff
Looks can be deceiving ;) it certainly was poorly described and photographed!

Hi all thanks for the info, the Rohloff was because my brother had lost his right arm (all the control's are on the left) and although it was built for downhill/freeride he did get out and do a lot of road riding too. It never stopped him living his lift, he road a KTM990 Adventure, we went to Ghana and back by motorbike he was on a XT600Z and me on a KLR650, he was also into 4X4's and went to Kenya over land too.
Roy

Stunning bike, they really are great.

I've had one for sale for £500 for a while now, had a few offers but so far nobody has offered the full amount.

Good luck with the sale.

Split that bike up - the Rohloff will sell for £500/600 alone.

The components are an esoteric mix that might not appeal to many but the individual parts certainly will. Frame would probably do a couple hundred, brakes a hundred, forks fifty, Rohloff £500, you get the idea.

Carefully list everything on eBay and get the spelling right (particularly Rohloff) and you'll be happy.

Back