Mountain Cycle bike (1997) MOHO STS "soft tail"

Nathanjr

Retro Newbie
Hello all,
Would love to hear opinions on the value of this bike (the frame really). I acquired the bike while in college in the small town where Mountain Cycle was founded. My roommate was a Mountain Cycle sponsored rider and so there were always new bikes coming through. This one is an early production from this soft tail line (not a prototype), made in San Luis Obispo-- the whole thing is in original config, and is in great shape. Its pretty dusty in this picture but it should clean up well.

Thanks for any info! Let me know if you'd like any additional pics of the components.

1662417758794.png

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the reply. Agreed on the hardtail, but MC named this model STS aka "soft tail" traction system... why I put in quotes. I believe they claimed at the time the rear fork had some flex due to the honey comb design.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back