Mountain Cycle San Andreas Twins

Re: 2001 Mountain Cycle San Andreas 10th anniversary edition

Love this bike myself and one of the macretro (big eck) has i think two :?
Careful with the build and dont be alarmed if you get crit from the new stuff :LOL: I got a bit carried away with it all when i first arrived. Cobbled together mess i think was coined :LOL:
Looks very nice though :D
Any sort of timeline on a finish ? and mind youre not as young as you once were and no longer bounce when you fall off so careful not to go off mental :LOL:

SORRY SORRY SORRY Must be triples :oops:

eg Big.Ecks

Attachments

• f7cd0f60.jpg
    f7cd0f60.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 590

Never mind the bike, those flowing hills in the background look a right laugh on the way down......not so much back to the top though!

dyna-ti":12szu6zv said:
Love this bike myself and one of the macretro (big eck) has i think two :?
Careful with the build and dont be alarmed if you get crit from the new stuff :LOL: I got a bit carried away with it all when i first arrived. Cobbled together mess i think was coined :LOL:
Looks very nice though :D
Any sort of timeline on a finish ? and mind youre not as young as you once were and no longer bounce when you fall off so careful not to go off mental :LOL:

SORRY SORRY SORRY Must be triples :oops:

eg Big.Ecks
Hi dyna-Ti,
In terms of finishing it, it'll be ready when it's ready! Lol
I have most parts for it, it's more the frame finish & decals I can't decide on...
I was going to go full on black, with black decals but dunno if that's a bit too murdered out?? And I guess the saddle will stick out like a sore thumb!
In terms of parts I'm not really up to speed on all this modern stuff so I'm just doing my best to read as many reviews and other peoples bike builds as possible! I do want it to be usable and minimal
Maintenance (if possible with full suss) though so for me the modern kit wins on that front rather than trying to refresh used parts.
Think triples are gonna be a bit much for my style of riding, worried that what I've built will be too much already!
Very aware that I'm not getting any younger too!!!

And I do still have that DX wheelset, cranks, chain, brakes & derailleur from my almega dx waiting to be hung on something, so a full on retro build might still occur ;)

Or there's always this in my dads shed

It's the warranty replacement for my almega dx when it cracked, probably only done 50 miles since then!

Loxy":3vllz7hn said:
xizang":3vllz7hn said:
Are you going to take the finished bike up to BPW or Barry Sidings for a try-out?

I believe BPW is the plan as its only up the road, although might need to do some gentle stuff first to remind myself of how to ride offroad!!

If you want to do the gentle stuff get up Barry Sidings. A long haul to the top and a few trails on the way down.
There's always the rock garden trail which runs from the top to approx half way down. Pretty straight, steepish, and it'll get your brakes bedded in nicely :LOL:

xizang":2gb35w9e said:
Loxy":2gb35w9e said:
xizang":2gb35w9e said:
Are you going to take the finished bike up to BPW or Barry Sidings for a try-out?

I believe BPW is the plan as its only up the road, although might need to do some gentle stuff first to remind myself of how to ride offroad!!

If you want to do the gentle stuff get up Barry Sidings. A long haul to the top and a few trails on the way down.
There's always the rock garden trail which runs from the top to approx half way down. Pretty straight, steepish, and it'll get your brakes bedded in nicely :LOL:

Barry sidings as in the country park in Trehafod?
That would be ideal as it's only up the road :cool:

I do love a San An :cool:
I definately think the frame can carry off the newer parts as it was always a bit ahead of its time :D

On a side note, any plans for the Marzocchis you removed? :D
I'd be interested if they are 20mm axle, bit hard to see in the pics ;)

Grannygrinder":3nawu2k5 said:
I do love a San An :cool:
I definately think the frame can carry off the newer parts as it was always a bit ahead of its time :D

On a side note, any plans for the Marzocchis you removed? :D
I'd be interested if they are 20mm axle, bit hard to see in the pics ;)

The marzocchis are going to be up for sale but unfortunately they are qr. Look to be in excellent condition although I haven't actually ridden on them!

Will hopefully get some decent pics of the bike up soon, just don't want to get it wet yet! :oops:

Back