Mountain Cycle San Andreas Twins

Re: 2001 Mountain Cycle San Andreas 10th anniversary edition

1210tech":1poset7k said:
Shifters facing the wrong way! :D

Looking good, so far!

Correct :LOL:
Wouldn't like to say how long it took me to realise....
Or even worse, how long it took to resolve....
at one point my 10 speed rear mech became 2 speed....
:oops: :shock: :LOL:

At one point I had my eyes closed and was riding my old Pace in my head trying to remember whether the left hand shifter did the front or rear, and was thinking how strange it was that mountain bike shifters were the other way round to my road bikes :facepalm:

Loxy":1ldb637h said:
1210tech":1ldb637h said:
Shifters facing the wrong way! :D

Looking good, so far!

Correct :LOL:
Wouldn't like to say how long it took me to realise....
Or even worse, how long it took to resolve....
at one point my 10 speed rear mech became 2 speed....
:oops: :shock: :LOL:

:LOL: :D we've all been there, I got the chain route through the rear derailleur jockey wheels wrong once, actually wore through the little piece of metal that sits in between the cage arms.....D'OH! :D

D'you think it'll be ready to ride by Thursday/Friday this week? Gonna try my best to head up to Afan this week to ride the Penhydd trail (weather dependant!)

1210tech":gi1fnn8q said:
:LOL: :D we've all been there, I got the chain route through the rear derailleur jockey wheels wrong once, actually wore through the little piece of metal that sits in between the cage arms.....D'OH! :D

Haven't fitted my chain yet.....

1210tech":gi1fnn8q said:
D'you think it'll be ready to ride by Thursday/Friday this week? Gonna try my best to head up to Afan this week to ride the Penhydd trail (weather dependant!)

I should be close by then but unfortunately got meetings at work so won't be able to make those days :cry:
Also got a 5km swim mid march that I need to focus my training on....

Would be great to meet up at some point though!

I've also got a plan for a bit of powder coating & new decals so will have to dismantle at some point for that. Think I will ride it a bit first to see how it goes though.

Front mech looks like it would need a bottom swing rather than the top swing you've got. The band would sit lower down then. Like this one

Logic.Al":c34xk90h said:
Front mech looks like it would need a bottom swing rather than the top swing you've got. The band would sit lower down then. Like this one

Isn't the one I have fitted already bottom swing?
Had a bit of a search and I think a top swing will have the band too low to fit the front mech post, maybe I'll get one to try.
The current one fits and shifts fine, it's just that small ring front/smaller rings rear results in the chain dragging on the furthest back piece of the cage, if that makes sense!

I had that problem with my San An. You have to spend a while setting it up just right

Not sure it really matches my planned colour scheme but for some reason I couldn't resist this saddle :cool:

I'm using this as my inspiration...

:?

Back