Mountain Cycle San Andreas Twins

Re: 2001 Mountain Cycle San Andreas 10th anniversary edition

Haven't had much time to do anything with this recently other than look for a larger size seat subframe.....

Whoops! :LOL:

very nice ;) i sold both of mine but i'm happy i owned them :cool:

big.eck":3fyr0ocd said:

Nice!
Would it be wrong to singlespeed one of them?!

Loxy":174fmbwe said:
big.eck":174fmbwe said:

Nice!
Would it be wrong to singlespeed one of them?!

not at all , go for it ;)

keep the thread updated please :D

Re:

Haven't had much time to work on these until today, but had been planning to turn the 2nd frame into a singlespeed commuter for work.
Massive suspension overkill I know but I can always rebuild it if it doesn't work out.

Trial fitted it together today, so ignore pedals and uncut hoses ;)

Think I'm going to swap the risers to flat bars and chop them a bit so it can fit through all the gates on my route to work.

It's running 40x16 at the moment, will see how that goes, it's quite a hilly commute but managed it with 45x18 on my old 700c fixie.

Wow I love these bikes. They look awesome. Be rad to see one singlespeed. I have a singlespeed Bullit and love it. Go for it

Re:

Took a punt on a badly listed set of forks last week and ended up with a set of Pace RC41 fighters (advertised as pace RC36s) and got them cheap(I think), So after trial fitting the fork it was clear that something wasn't quite right with them as the launch control wasn't working correctly, tried priming them as per the pace manual but no joy....

Finally got some time today so...

Discovered that there was little to no oil in them, certainly not enough to provide effective damping!
And water had entered the top of the damping side and made a mess of the launch control gubbins and generally gunned up the oil ways. previous owner must have tried to fix this as one of the ball bearings was in the wrong place...

And also that the roll pin holding the air piston assembly together was snapped?!!

Other than that seals etc seemed ok, gave them a good clean out and have ordered some new ball bearings, o-rings, fork oil and going to look for a new roll pin shortly.
Hopefully they will work a bit better once re-assembled

Re:

Finished the fork rebuild after getting all the bits I needed.

Swapped the risers for a narrower straight bar and did my first commute to work & back on it :) bars fit through the gates on the cycle path perfectly so no having to stop and squeeze through, final hill before work was a killer but made it all the way! 28 miles in total, hopefully do it a few times next week too and stop for some decent pics! Lol

Came across another on my usual wander through looking for information on something else.
Of course i didnt find what i was looking for :LOL:

Attachments

• mountain-cycle.jpg
    mountain-cycle.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 633
Re: Ball bearings & springs

I've just got hold of an old RC41 & am about to strip it down & repair it, but the ball bearings & springs on the damper side seem to have been put in randomly by a previous owner. Tbh, I'm not 100% sure how they should be put in - did you happen to have a pic of yours before you fitted the launch control dial back on? I was thinking one ball in each hole with the springs on top in the small holes, but I can't find any info. Any help would be much appreciated!

Back