MOTOR CHAT

As some of you know i've had this old E38 728i Beemer for a few years, love it to bits, great big cruiser, has been dead reliable and surprisingly not too bad on fuel.

Cjp8GJzl.jpg

So i've had half an eye open for a E38 740 or (idealy) 750iL, would love to say i looked at a few, considered carefully, and bought the best i could find but i cant :LOL: , a last minute, frantic, impulse, E-bay bidding frenzy last week and i'd bought this unseen :LOL:

luH8iTll.jpg

Came from a farm in Stonehaven (collected it on Saturday) so it was absolutely filthy :( , will take a while to get it up to decent standard but it's basicaly sound and should clean up nice.

4aRgto7l.jpg

Engine is Biblical :twisted: , 5.4 litres of creamy V12 goodness, 326 bhp and a wall of torque, it's very quick for a two ton (+) barge.

iZUkvNnl.jpg

Interior is lovely, being a long wheel base it has tons of leg room in the back, double glazing and blinds (full Dictator spec :) )

CmMF5HPl.jpg

Phone needs either an O2 or Vodaphone Sim, lights up ok so should work.

dUFX8MXl.jpg

Info screen on the dash is dead though :( , recon it'll need a new Video unit in the boot (should be able to get one from a member on another forum)

8KANsd4l.jpg

Will be transfering the M-Parallel wheels from my 728 (which will be for sale) as well as prefering the style these have better tyres, so far i've found a broken front coil spring and a rotten front spring seat on the front of the 750, will also need brake pipes but it's MOT'd till April so no great rush.

Will post up better pics once i get it shined up :cool:

Did you not spot the three 1970s Capris parked up on the slip road from Stonehaven to the A90 Dundee Road?

Look like they've been there since.....err......the 70s...... :facepalm:

.....or was it the same farm :xmas-cool:

(am working in Stoney the noo BTW)

RobMac":1mvzozq1 said:
YOUR A PETROL HEAD SLUT :mrgreen:

Thought that was well established :LOL: , anyway, every petrolhead needs to own a V12 at somepoint :LOL:

Never spotted the Capri's Mr-P, when a said Stonehaven the guy picked me up from Stonehaven station, his farm was a bit south of Stonehaven.

Ha Mark, between the BMs and monster truck festival, your local petrol station owner must love you.

Quite a gamble, sight unseen!

I just realised, it's green, not blue, right?

Jeez, a 326bhp 5.4L V12, how are you going to tell the difference between the the speedo, rev-counter and fuel guage needles? They'll all move at the same speed.
I had an E30 325iSE, 2.5L 170bhp and I could get it down to 12/13mpg without much effort. Lots of fun though if I could ignore my wallet screaming in pain.

zigzag":2jrhethj said:
Ha Mark, between the BMs and monster truck festival, your local petrol station owner must love you.

Quite a gamble, sight unseen!

I just realised, it's green, not blue, right?

My anual mileage is pretty low, the 728 has only done 6000 ,miles in the two odd years i've owned it, that's including a trip to Bristol, i walk the 2.5 miles to work most days so dont need a car to commute and of course do my own repairs and maintainance, no garage bills so can live with the fuel consumption.

Sight unseen and no service history :LOL: , only paid a grand for it (it was 84,000 new in 1997 :shock: ), if it borks it's worth a grand in parts :)

It's green (quite dark like BRG), nicer than the blue i think, bodywork is in better condition anyway.

Fuel consumption is'nt as bad as you'd think anyway, only cost around £25 to drive it down from Stonehaven to Paisley, sitting at 70 the big motor is turning at 1700 rpm so it's pretty unstressed, i've read figures of 16 around town and 26 on a run for the 750, my 728 is around 19 and 32 so the V12 750 is'nt a great deal worse.

Back