MOTOR CHAT

Door handles ..........they stopped working too, well two of them. and the cruise control, and the driver door window, and the sunroof, and the second sunroof, fuel pump, and don't talk to me about aluminium/steel corrosion :facepalm:

MOT station actually took the inner door panel off and screwed a block of wood below the driver window to stop it falling down :xmas-cool:

Good cars though :cool:

Mr Panda":foirasd2 said:
Door handles ..........they stopped working too, well two of them. and the cruise control, and the driver door window, and the sunroof, and the second sunroof, fuel pump, and don't talk to me about aluminium/steel corrosion :facepalm:

MOT station actually took the inner door panel off and screwed a block of wood below the driver window to stop it falling down :xmas-cool:

Good cars though :cool:

Funny thing, everything works on this one even after ten careless owners, all windows, central locking, both sunroofs, though i ripped all the headlining out earlier and binned it as it was manky and i could'nt get it clean :roll:

New body X-member arrived the other day, going to beast that over the weekend, now thinking of going for a 3" body lift instead of a 2" :twisted:

Made a start on the rear body X-member earlier, removed the rear door, braced the shell by temporarily welding on a bit of box section (to stop the rear of the shell flopping about), chopped the old rotten X-member out, lot of tidying up still to do though before the new one (on the ground) gets welded in.

DYPJ9M4l.jpg

Also headlining was filthy, tried to clean it. failed so ripped the lot out and binned it :)

Good work Jimi - might lend you my S2a for some work :LOL:

I got caught in the car last night within a mile from my house. Followed me home and got the flashing blues in the driveway.

£60 and 3 points for..............crossing over the solid white lines on a corner. No other vehicles for miles.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Well the Disco project has taken a bit of a drastic turn, i made the mistake last week of looking at Discos for sale on E-bay :LOL: , lo-and-behold a very smart looking one on my doorstep (Johnstone), it has had all the work done (tons of welding), all new offroad kit fitted, fully serviced and ready to use/pose about in, i reconed what it would cost to buy i'd eventually spend on the project one, decided life's too short so went to see it last Thursday night, looked very tidy, obviously had a fortune spent on it, all the welding has been done to a high standard, sills have been replaced with 4mm box section steel which i thought impressive, more importantly it's not seen any serious offroad abuse (even though it's been built for it) so it's clean and undamaged. Only reason the guy was selling was that he was after a LandRover Defender.
Took it for a drive which included a bit of offroad in Houston, Friday morning it was paid for and in my drive :)

Believe it or not it's had about 4K spent on it in the last two years :shock:

w2OcNwll.jpg

WFLC6cDl.jpg

2x4TiZRl.jpg

Very pleased with it so far but have plans for it, going to lift the body 2" (suspension already lifted 2"), fit bigger mud tyres to the modular wheels off the other Disco and use those.

Sadly the other Disco is now going to be broke for spares (it's already half stripped) and scrapped, sometimes you have to admit defeat and throw the towel in, you cant save them all.

:LOL: Having said that I've a feeling the motorbike building will begin in earnest this year when the garage/hanger is up. :shock: Oooow and the Mk2

The MK2 GTI?

Need any bits? Thinking of breaking the Corrado for spares, need to get some of the money back I wasted on it. :cry:
Don't suppose I'll actually do anything about it till we get back from France, though. Too much else to do.

Jobs to do on the Passat before trip to France, air and oil filters + oil change, drive belts on front of engine, possibly do the bottom suspension arms for peace of mind, too. Gone are the days when you took a spare fan/alternator belt and could change it at side of road. The auxiliary belt needs the removal of most of bumper and moving forward of radiator to get in to belt. Nightmare. So will change it and aircon belt before we go.

Back