MOTOR CHAT

My long suffering wife and I have reached an understanding. I'm well insured.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3a7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3a7.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 1,704
The History Man":28x70pr7 said:

Good deal. Its not that I wont be allowed a Motorbike its just the endless blabbering about it that will drive her mad. I sat there in the garden last night and started talking about gear inches and ratios and she was almost asleep :p

The History Man":1vxogrbs said:
Robmac suggested I share on here.

Picked this up last week. 1984 12k only done 200 miles since 2012. New clutch MOT and service and off we go!

Spent a very pleasant few hours fettling and now she's as pretty as a bag full of pretty things. Not for the knee down brigade but for a tour and a pootle.

BITD I spent a year caning around London (and all points N, E, S and W) on these as a courier. It's hard to believe there are some low mileage ones left! A couple of other chaps I knew had GTs with over 300,000 miles on the engine and they were still going strong, if slightly rattly. (And the motorbike engines were holding out too! Badoom tish etc) GTs are complete tanks with a nice low CoG and surprisingly easy to wheelie in 2nd, but not my bike of choice as I'm slightly built and found them hard work hustling through traffic (mainly due to the large, heavy Comstar type front wheel which has a high moment of inertia) BUT with a Micron fork brace on the front end, the handling improves markedly, i.e., you're in knee-down territory

Gramo":2j8defj0 said:
The History Man":2j8defj0 said:
Robmac suggested I share on here.

Picked this up last week. 1984 12k only done 200 miles since 2012. New clutch MOT and service and off we go!

Spent a very pleasant few hours fettling and now she's as pretty as a bag full of pretty things. Not for the knee down brigade but for a tour and a pootle.

BITD I spent a year caning around London (and all points N, E, S and W) on these as a courier. It's hard to believe there are some low mileage ones left! A couple of other chaps I knew had GTs with over 300,000 miles on the engine and they were still going strong, if slightly rattly. (And the motorbike engines were holding out too! Badoom tish etc) GTs are complete tanks with a nice low CoG and surprisingly easy to wheelie in 2nd, but not my bike of choice as I'm slightly built and found them hard work hustling through traffic (mainly due to the large, heavy Comstar type front wheel which has a high moment of inertia) BUT with a Micron fork brace on the front end, the handling improves markedly, i.e., you're in knee-down territory

So did I - Addy Lee approx 1987/8. Yeah plenty GTs around at the time. In the main however I used a Z1000J as I was young and naive :D :twisted: :D

The History Man":2zsp1t3r said:
Fortunately Mrsthefish likes bikes but we've had little time for biking past couple of years. Hope that will change. Still have both these but ashamed to say neither has left the garage this year.

Spent a not so merry couple of hours in the rain this pm changing brake pads on the Hilux Surf only to discover seized and corroded pistons on the offside. Dammit. No time to rebuild so new caliper on the way.

Attachments

• P6170326 (1).jpg
    P6170326 (1).jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 1,531
  • sunflowers admire classic Ducati (1).jpg
    sunflowers admire classic Ducati (1).jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 1,531
Re:

27 years a biker and still never taken to anything bigger than a 250. Physical not strong to move them around off the bike and god help me if I ever had to lift one off its side after the inevitable fall. Auto scooter boy now, wish I'd got into scooters BITD, biggest grins as I throw them around urban streets and country lanes:)

Mine's not too bad at 200kg only had to pick it up once. Stand flipped up as I was walking away. CRUNCH!

Back