MOTOR CHAT

Around my way the 200/300 series TDi Discovery is the ultimate classless car. You may not have 2 pence to rub together or own half the hill. Who knows. I like that about them.

I like all Land Rovers and will end up having another.

Re:

Well I've done it now !
Not content with passing my driving test at the young age of 47 I've gone and bought a car. A real one, a normal one, one with more than 3 wheels and an engine bigger than a washing machine :shock: :shock:
Also its not a collectors piece or something with loads of quirks. Its an honest to goodness modern car with airbags, ABS, brake assist, power steering, heated seats, stereo, central locking......MODERN STUFF :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Its a 2003 ...........Citroen C3 SX 1.4L in silver with 105K on the clock and hopefully not a lot of faults as yet undetected. Drives fine though, brakes work which pleased the 2 teenage yoofs that stepped out in front of me :facepalm:

I'm starting to worry about myself, I hope I'm not becoming "Normal" :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Top work, at least it's French and Citroen have never been exactly normal! And it's the same as wee Harry!

Now you've got transportation you could shift the frolics back to gt?

Re: Re:

velomaniac":38z8cin6 said:
...I'm starting to worry about myself, I hope I'm not becoming "Normal" :xmas-big-grin:
Citroen and normal aren't usually found in the same sentence.

I believe there's a therapy group called the Citroen Owners Club. :)

Re:

Dave, why should I shift Frolics back to GT ? Nobody including yourself has commited to showing up other than Alison. Alison and I live up here in Midlothian. Further its a bit selfish of you even if you were going, which you are not, as you live at GT :roll:

As for Citroen being weird, well those days are gone, they're as normal as anyone now which is a shame :|

Re:

Had a Citroen BX19GTi approx October 1992 - Jun 1993 - probably the worst car I have ever driven. Fastish but otherwise kinda French if you get my drift :facepalm:

Actually one of the very few cars I have sold and not kept for yonks and run into the ground :cool:

A quick DVLA search shows it has been untaxed since March 1995 LOL

velomaniac":16klsvv1 said:
Well I've done it now !
Not content with passing my driving test at the young age of 47 I've gone and bought a car. A real one, a normal one, one with more than 3 wheels and an engine bigger than a washing machine :shock: :shock:
Also its not a collectors piece or something with loads of quirks. Its an honest to goodness modern car with airbags, ABS, brake assist, power steering, heated seats, stereo, central locking......MODERN STUFF :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Its a 2003 ...........Citroen C3 SX 1.4L in silver with 105K on the clock and hopefully not a lot of faults as yet undetected. Drives fine though, brakes work which pleased the 2 teenage yoofs that stepped out in front of me :facepalm:

I'm starting to worry about myself, I hope I'm not becoming "Normal" :xmas-big-grin:

Welcome to Peugeot ownership!

velomaniac":2p6ptlbk said:
Dave, why should I shift Frolics back to GT ? Nobody including yourself has commited to showing up other than Alison. Alison and I live up here in Midlothian. Further its a bit selfish of you even if you were going, which you are not, as you live at GT :roll:

As for Citroen being weird, well those days are gone, they're as normal as anyone now which is a shame :|

Just a thought since it's normally at GT and you did say you were moving it due that lack of transport! Not really "selfish"- remember how much I travel to ride? Probably the least likely person to refuse a ride as its too far away from home. For the record I will be trying to make it and trying to bring along some more riders who'll be travelling from further afield, just can't fully commit to anything yet due to heavily pregnant wife and other stuff going on...

You'll still have the static steering wheel centre, a nod to Citroenism at least!!

Re:

Velo I have had 2 Citroens recently, they are not normal. Just as an example, both C4s, one a 7seater people carrier and the other a hatchback....

Re:

Sorry Dave, where you ride with me and retrobike is my point of reference regarding where you show up to.

Anyhoo we always go to GT, which is your backyard and your a riding god who'll make my lack of skills look rubbish. :oops: If I stick to my trails I have home advantage which is always useful for an events leader.

As for the Citroen, a 13 year old car as mine is, does not have the static central steering wheel hub. That is a more modern Citroen weirdness :LOL:

Back