MORATI HC 1.3

Re:

Looking good with the Morati stem & a Ti post. Now you need a Morati fork & h-bar. :)

There are a few sets of Morati cranks on e-bay but there for display use only. :D

You can always get another one for this build... My builds always start somewhat low profile then I start getting this fancier component, then another one, before I know it I just sunk 2grand in my "commuter" bike...

Re:

Yes an m-bar would be nice or just a straight Morati ti handlebar would also look good with the stem and some Morati bar ends.

I would like a m-bar for mine but they are hard to find. I have a Morati road seat post that I will use for display.

My HC1.3 is the only one I have seen in NZ and I've only seen 4 others Morati here (2 HC1.1 & 2 SC1.3).

Try to find some bar ends - I've heard it is impossible :D

I might go SingleSpeed on this one - with a nice Boone Ti
18T or 19T cog and a Chris King SingleSpeed hubset (Heavy
Dury Axis with FunBolts).

I might even change the brakes to Abid Arch Supremes with
the fitting Single Digit brake levers ..

archsupreme00424qni.jpg

img_9804gisar.jpg

img_8704ttyda.jpg

Re:

oh yes I like your thinking.

that's a pretty trick SS cog you have there. I like the Chris King hubs but have you considered some profile elite ones. The loudest hubs made that would be an attention grabber. I currently run King :D (red head set, ceramic BB, classic hubs) and love them.

My brakes are control tech V's with kooka racha levers. Insanely light with lots of feel.

And there you go... Avid Ultimates, new wheels... before you know it the "low" key going around town bike built with stuff you had around ends up being a fancy-parts monster!
Been there, done that, with my Schwinn Homegrown (started off with a bunch of M952 XTR, SID up front nothing crappy but nothing special either, 2 years later not a single part of the original build remains aside from the frame). Good call on the Ultimates, they're awesome super easy to set-up and work really nice (much lighter than XTR) I swapped out all the bolts on mine for Titanium ones (with Ashima cnc brake pad carriers they're way lighter than stock Ultimates).

Well ... I might even end up with a second MORATI seatpost, stem, handlebar, frame..

m1_www.kepfeltoltes.hequcq.jpg

Then I'll go rigid of course. Also just bought this:

_20vkun4.jpg

I've heard those Supremes are very hard to find in black ...

Re:

Oh that HC1.$ is fantastic I always wanted one but the NZ importer stopped dealing with Morati and then they disappeared.

Oh well a great build going on there. I'm very jealous lol

But living in NZ sourcing parts/bikes etc from overseas in so costly in freight.

Back