Modern take on a classic

wynne

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well, I've been staring at one of these frames online for the last two years, then finally the other day I decided to order one. A combination of recent events led me to think that life is too short.

Anyway, yesterday a box arrived from Italy.

More to follow...

Attachments

• DSC_0003_21.JPG
    DSC_0003_21.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,280
In one! That was too easy.

New Alan scandium disc cross frame. Sorry about the crap pic. It looks great in the flesh, especially the silver 'lug effect' paint job. Well, I think so anyway.

Attachments

• DSC_0002_24.JPG
    DSC_0002_24.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,262
Re:

That looks pretty funky, what does it weigh? Look forward to seeing it built-up.

Frame weight is meant to be 1350g and fork 490g. Haven't got any decent scales but it actually feels lighter. It's a small frame so maybe it is a few grams lighter.

Looking forward to getting it built up but I've got to build a front wheel first - new fangled 12mm thru axle fork.

Re:

I'm in love with a bike called Alan...

This thing is f-f-f-faaaaaast. Five days of back to back riding on the Isle of Wight, even in the rain. Every time I looked at it in the shed it was calling to me to go and ride. Go on then.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 903
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 903
Re: Re:

wynne":21od74dh said:
I'm in love with a bike called Alan...

This thing is f-f-f-faaaaaast. Five days of back to back riding on the Isle of Wight, even in the rain. Every time I looked at it in the shed it was calling to me to go and ride. Go on then.

Looks fast and very nice, is that the SRAM 1 x 10 ?

Jon.

Back